Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650557 times)

Andy

• Space Champion!
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #630 on: March 30, 2012, 11:38:56 PM »
I like Paul Scheer and Mantzoukas, but can't fully buy into the HDTGM podcast because of June Diane Raphael.  It seems like 10 times per episode she says
I didn't understand why they did this.  Where did that come from?" and Mantzoukas explains how it had been set up in a previous scene.  In other words, they're constantly connecting the dots for her on plot points that she didn't understand but were very obvious to everyone else.  Ultimately I chalk it up to her trying to hard to find inconsistencies/oddball shit.

This is the most boring thing anyone has ever typed.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

roubaix

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #631 on: March 31, 2012, 11:26:23 AM »
HDTGM is okay but The Flop House fits my sensibilities better.  The show is low-key by comparison, and the hosts know more about movies (+ other junk).   Two of them write for the Daily Show.

Alex P.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #632 on: March 31, 2012, 11:40:37 AM »
To anyone who's a fan of The Cinema Snob, Brad Jones' podcast Radiodrome always has really interesting discussions of exploitation films. His cohost is the biggest neckbeard on Earth, though.

teenboat

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #633 on: April 02, 2012, 04:17:27 AM »
If anyone here is a sports fan, I highly recommend The Dan Lebatard Show. It's kind of an anti-sports-radio sports radio show out of Miami. I've listened to pretty much every podcast mentioned in this thread (and still listen to a lot of them) but lately I find myself always searching through my shuffle for the latest Lebatard show. Also, I spend most of my free time working on my podcast Shoddy Radio and I really believe it is a very funny show as well. I know self promotion is annoying but I swear it's a good podcast.
This podcast is usually funny

Shoddy Radio

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #634 on: April 16, 2012, 04:07:32 PM »
The Dana Gould hour is pretty awesome. There's riffing but it's broken up into segments and a bit more produced than your average "dudes riffing"-style podcast. And Eddie Pepitone has been on 4 of the 5 episodes, which is also a plus if you're me.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #635 on: April 16, 2012, 04:17:34 PM »
Just found, and am enjoying Best of the Left.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #636 on: April 16, 2012, 06:38:48 PM »
I love Dana Gould, so I'll be checking out that podcast.  Thank you.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #637 on: April 29, 2012, 09:37:49 PM »
John Sarno regarding backpain rings true to my experiences.  http://www.podfeed.net/episode/Interview+with+John+E.+Sarno+M.D./820976

Totally unrelated:
http://fredericksnprcast.podbean.com/
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #638 on: April 30, 2012, 03:09:55 PM »
My podcast is still a lot of fun if you like interesting and fun people! Like friend of the show JASON WOLINER:

http://arthur.libsyn.com/webpage/arthur-011

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #639 on: April 30, 2012, 07:11:06 PM »
My podcast is still a lot of fun if you like interesting and fun people! Like friend of the show JASON WOLINER:

http://arthur.libsyn.com/webpage/arthur-011
That name sounds extremely familiar.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #640 on: June 01, 2012, 01:57:26 PM »
Earwolf started plugging Pepsi commercials into their shows this week. I'm trolling them about it on their forum. My tack is to be very complimentary about the individual programs (even the shows I don't like so much) ... but consistently punctuating those complimentary comments with a "Pepsi sucks".

I am to Pepsi as Gary is to Mike.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #641 on: June 01, 2012, 03:04:17 PM »
See if you can throw some dumb jokes in and end every message with 'GET IT?'

John Junk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #642 on: June 07, 2012, 06:20:17 PM »
I like Paul Scheer and Mantzoukas, but can't fully buy into the HDTGM podcast because of June Diane Raphael.  It seems like 10 times per episode she says
I didn't understand why they did this.  Where did that come from?" and Mantzoukas explains how it had been set up in a previous scene.  In other words, they're constantly connecting the dots for her on plot points that she didn't understand but were very obvious to everyone else.  Ultimately I chalk it up to her trying to hard to find inconsistencies/oddball shit.

This is the most boring thing anyone has ever typed.

I like June Diane Raphael. She's just breaking up the sausage party is all.

What about Mantzoukas always saying "This... Movie.... Is.... Crazy."  every single show?
Sword of Almonds, Show Me The Things...

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #643 on: June 25, 2012, 09:04:19 PM »

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #644 on: June 26, 2012, 06:28:37 PM »
OK, how about a web search for "i am concerned about the future of my country".

Hope you're still OK down there, Fred.