Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650408 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #690 on: November 30, 2012, 10:13:56 AM »
I'm listening to the Ken Plume chats and they are chock full of details for the completist Best Show fan.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #691 on: November 30, 2012, 10:35:42 AM »
I've been listening to Stop Podcasting Yourself, and really enjoying it. It's moved into my top-tier of shows, that I listen to immediately. I like it because it's Canadian and so am I, so there is some cultural stuff in there that I don't get from the U.S. podcasts. I also like that it's got a gentle, easygoing atmosphere - it's not as shouty and vulgar as many of the L.A. comedy podcasts often are.

However, I find that often enough, when the hosts are discussing movies or just about anything cultural, they'll often get the details wrong in a way that makes me want to shout corrections into my mp3 player. And this gives me an even greater appreciation for the way Tom trolls his listeners by making these kinds of gaffes intentionally.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #692 on: November 30, 2012, 08:52:51 PM »
Never Not Funny is the best podcast ever.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #693 on: November 30, 2012, 10:15:44 PM »
I've been listening to Stop Podcasting Yourself, and really enjoying it. It's moved into my top-tier of shows, that I listen to immediately. I like it because it's Canadian and so am I, so there is some cultural stuff in there that I don't get from the U.S. podcasts. I also like that it's got a gentle, easygoing atmosphere - it's not as shouty and vulgar as many of the L.A. comedy podcasts often are.

However, I find that often enough, when the hosts are discussing movies or just about anything cultural, they'll often get the details wrong in a way that makes me want to shout corrections into my mp3 player. And this gives me an even greater appreciation for the way Tom trolls his listeners by making these kinds of gaffes intentionally.

I was super into that podcast for a while. The slowly dawning realization that Dave seems like an undercover jerk turned me off. By undercover jerk, I mean, he comes off like a nice guy but is just a huge passive aggressive jerk a ton.

Also, the not really knowing what's going on drove me bonkers.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #694 on: December 01, 2012, 05:32:43 PM »
he comes off like a nice guy but is just a huge passive aggressive jerk a ton.

That's Canadian culture in a nutshell!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #695 on: December 03, 2012, 06:19:09 AM »
he comes off like a nice guy but is just a huge passive aggressive jerk a ton.

That's Canadian culture in a nutshell!

Winner!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #696 on: December 03, 2012, 10:46:50 AM »
If you're a fan of Scott Aukerman and have an hour to spare, I interviewed him for my podcast ARTHUR:

http://arthur.libsyn.com/arthur-013

wood and iron

« Reply #697 on: December 03, 2012, 01:51:02 PM »
If you're a fan of Scott Aukerman and have an hour to spare, I interviewed him for my podcast ARTHUR:

http://arthur.libsyn.com/arthur-013

I listened to that episode last week. It was really great, Martin!

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #698 on: December 04, 2012, 04:49:54 AM »
Thanks!

nowah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #699 on: December 04, 2012, 06:24:57 PM »

I was super into that podcast for a while. The slowly dawning realization that Dave seems like an undercover jerk turned me off. By undercover jerk, I mean, he comes off like a nice guy but is just a huge passive aggressive jerk a ton.

Bryan nailed it up above but I feel like I should say the "Dave Shumka is a secret jerk" rumor/theory doesn't make any sense to me. I've met him and Graham and they were both nothing but sweet the whole time. I actually spent more time with him because Graham was in such high demand, which is fine with me because - I'LL SAY IT! - I think Dave is the funniest podcast host goin'! And so nice!!!

wood and iron

« Reply #700 on: December 04, 2012, 06:34:08 PM »
That's cool, man. I didn't mean to suggest that in real life he was a jerk. He just rubbed me the wrong way after listening to the podcast a bunch.

nowah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #701 on: December 04, 2012, 07:00:05 PM »
Sure. It's just a popular theory on, like, the AV Club Podmass comment section, and I've never really understood it.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #702 on: December 04, 2012, 09:24:13 PM »
Is there a way to get Arthur to load in iTunes?
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

moonshake

« Reply #703 on: December 04, 2012, 09:39:19 PM »
This is the podcast RSS feed- http://arthur.libsyn.com/rss

You can subscribe by going to File -> Subscribe to Podcast (iTunes 11) or Advanced -> Subscribe to Podcast (iTunes 10 and older)
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

danfromhalifax

• Policemans heel
« Reply #704 on: December 05, 2012, 09:53:06 AM »

Bryan nailed it up above but I feel like I should say the "Dave Shumka is a secret jerk" rumor/theory doesn't make any sense to me. I've met him and Graham and they were both nothing but sweet the whole time. I actually spent more time with him because Graham was in such high demand, which is fine with me because - I'LL SAY IT! - I think Dave is the funniest podcast host goin'! And so nice!!!

Graham Clark has the best giggle in podcasting. I also enjoy this show alot, and I think that the less-abrasive nature compared to the LA podcast goons is one of the big draws for me as well.
Ya seen the wizard of oz?
I'll house you.