Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650453 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #841 on: July 31, 2013, 12:36:43 PM »
http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2013/07/andy-kindler-called-adam-carolla-an-unfunny-hitler-didnt-seem-to-be-kidding
Tying in with last night's show, I grabbed this quote: Kindler apologized for appearing on Carolla’s podcast, and then dispensed the sharpest stake to the heart of zinging with this: “Adam Carolla is like Hitler if Hitler weren’t funny.”
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #842 on: August 02, 2013, 09:54:34 AM »
I don't know anything about this, but since Kindler is one of my favorite comedians I support him 100% here.

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #843 on: August 02, 2013, 01:06:17 PM »
Andy Kindler will only be appearing on 118 of the 119 L.A. Podcasts now, as he's angry with Down-home Goebbels. Well, 114 of the 119 as Corrolo's high school buddy, car mechanic, "newsgirl" and audio engineer all have their own fascinating podcasts.

He's on the new Ronna & Beverly put out today.  It's live from Montreal so it's fresh from his speech.  Haven't heard it yet though.  I'm sure it's great...it's Andy Kindler!
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #844 on: August 02, 2013, 02:10:25 PM »
I have always loved Phil Hendrie and found out yesterday that he has a free podcast of classic episodes.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #845 on: August 05, 2013, 03:37:22 AM »
PFT on Comedy Bang Bang: For Christ sake retire the characters!

PFT on Cee Bee Bee for TWO SHOWS IN A ROW this week. Come on, guys. Give some other Los Angelenos a chance.

I like PFT when he's placed into unfamiliar contexts. The Tompkast suffers from a lack of mitigating outsider input. And, not to belabor the point, he's getting a bit overfamiliar on CBB.

Conversely, the springtime run of "Werner Herzog" on the "Doug Loves Movies" podcast was utterly glorious.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #846 on: August 05, 2013, 07:54:31 PM »
PFT on Comedy Bang Bang: For Christ sake retire the characters!

PFT on Cee Bee Bee for TWO SHOWS IN A ROW this week. Come on, guys. Give some other Los Angelenos a chance.

I like PFT when he's placed into unfamiliar contexts. The Tompkast suffers from a lack of mitigating outsider input. And, not to belabor the point, he's getting a bit overfamiliar on CBB.

Conversely, the springtime run of "Werner Herzog" on the "Doug Loves Movies" podcast was utterly glorious.

By the same token, I was excited to see Andy Daly appearing on two CBB episodes in a row because he isn't on twice a month.  I think I'd actually like it if PFT appeared as himself and dealth with someone else playing a character. I don't wanna be sick of him, but he leaves me no choice.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #847 on: August 06, 2013, 10:23:16 AM »
Andy Daly characters start out slow and I always almost turn them off, then there's a huge payoff and I'm glad I didn't.  He's one of the most consistently funny guests on podcasts.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #848 on: August 29, 2013, 09:01:14 AM »
I'll save you the trouble of listening to Yo, Is This Racist- everything is racist.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #849 on: August 29, 2013, 09:36:19 AM »
Harry Dean Stanton's appearance on Doug Loves Movies is pretty fascinating, if not entertaining. His typical answer to any question about his career: "Huh!? What's the question?" The notable exception is his reply to a question about Pretty In Pink: "I don't give a fuck!"

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #850 on: August 29, 2013, 08:59:43 PM »
I'll save you the trouble of listening to Yo, Is This Racist- everything is racist.

IMPROV 4 HUMANS (which I definitely recommend. Some episodes are better than others, but it's always funny) had a great take down of this show a while back. It can't be as awful as the clips they played made it sound, but by the same token if it's even in that general area I don't need to listen.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #851 on: August 30, 2013, 08:36:32 AM »
Harry Dean Stanton's appearance on Doug Loves Movies is pretty fascinating, if not entertaining. His typical answer to any question about his career: "Huh!? What's the question?" The notable exception is his reply to a question about Pretty In Pink: "I don't give a fuck!"
HDS appearance kind of made me sad.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #852 on: August 30, 2013, 12:15:42 PM »
I have always loved Phil Hendrie and found out yesterday that he has a free podcast of classic episodes.

Do you know if they're from his KFI shows? I'll still download them, but that's when I first heard Hendrie, and his shows then were amazing.

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #853 on: September 04, 2013, 06:25:01 PM »

Also, near the end, when he was demanding to be told what Twitter was was pretty great. That was one off -the-rails episode.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

justinmh05

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #854 on: September 04, 2013, 06:58:42 PM »

Also, near the end, when he was demanding to be told what Twitter was was pretty great. That was one off -the-rails episode.

PFT made mention of it on the latest Doug Loves Movies as well - and Doug just seemed bewildered by how it all turned out.

On a side note, PFT has been on Doug Loves Movies so many times this year, it's crazy. He's giving his twice monthly visits to Comedy Bang Bang a run for the money. That said, this latest Doug Loves Movies episode was pretty fun because it included the always great PFT/Gillian Jacobs pairing.