Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650415 times)

yesno

• Space Champion!
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #870 on: September 09, 2013, 04:11:12 PM »
Well, there are comedy podcasts I do like.  Gelmania was really, really good.  And I really like "Topics," though I could easily have ended up hating it.

DadHasADD

• Policemans heel
« Reply #871 on: September 09, 2013, 04:17:56 PM »
Agreed. To me, Comedy Bang Bang is the only comedy show period that brings the same enjoyment as The Best Show these days. At least for me, those two are in a league of their own.
Now you've gone and done it. You went too far. Bang Bang and Best Show in the same league?  Are you kidding me?   Boy oh boy.  I saw a "report to moderator" button don't make use it.

I don't think saying that one thing is in the same league as another is the same is saying one is better than the other.

I think they are definitely in the same league as a couple of the best podcasts out there to listen to.

It's not an afront to Best Show to like something else too.

I think it is high times when two great podcasts can coexist, and Tom & Jon can both guest on CBB, and Tom can have CBB regulars like PFT & Jon Daly on his show.

DadHasADD

• Policemans heel
« Reply #872 on: September 09, 2013, 04:19:25 PM »
Well, there are comedy podcasts I do like.  Gelmania was really, really good.  And I really like "Topics," though I could easily have ended up hating it.

I hear that Gelmania is eventually going to continue on, just on a different podcast network. Def some groundbreaking stuff.

justinmh05

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #873 on: September 09, 2013, 04:28:56 PM »
Agreed. To me, Comedy Bang Bang is the only comedy show period that brings the same enjoyment as The Best Show these days. At least for me, those two are in a league of their own.
Now you've gone and done it. You went too far. Bang Bang and Best Show in the same league?  Are you kidding me?   Boy oh boy.  I saw a "report to moderator" button don't make use it.

I don't think saying that one thing is in the same league as another is the same is saying one is better than the other.

I think they are definitely in the same league as a couple of the best podcasts out there to listen to.

It's not an afront to Best Show to like something else too.

I think it is high times when two great podcasts can coexist, and Tom & Jon can both guest on CBB, and Tom can have CBB regulars like PFT & Jon Daly on his show.

I couldn't have said it better myself (and didn't).

Feel free to report me to Officer Harrups though. :)

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #874 on: September 09, 2013, 04:32:54 PM »
. . . Marc Maron is a great interviewer, and I kike how he . . .

I know you're new but there's no room for that kind of language here.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

DadHasADD

• Policemans heel
« Reply #875 on: September 09, 2013, 04:39:32 PM »
. . . Marc Maron is a great interviewer, and I like how he . . .

I know you're new but there's no room for that kind of language here.

Can I blame the k & l being so close together rather than my fat fingers? Post has been edited.

DaveFoster

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #876 on: September 10, 2013, 02:04:36 PM »
I'll give Comedy Bang Bang another go.  Scott's a good dude and I'm impressed with guests he has on, a who's who of today's top comedians. The problem for me is I don't like listening to characters I'd much rather hear the real person. Well there's plenty of that out there on other podcasts so I'm covered.  I was reading this thread from a couple years ago it seems Nerdist is not a favorite

DadHasADD

• Policemans heel
« Reply #877 on: September 10, 2013, 02:34:29 PM »
I'll give Comedy Bang Bang another go.  Scott's a good dude and I'm impressed with guests he has on, a who's who of today's top comedians. The problem for me is I don't like listening to characters I'd much rather hear the real person. Well there's plenty of that out there on other podcasts so I'm covered.  I was reading this thread from a couple years ago it seems Nerdist is not a favorite

One of my favorite podcasts of comedians just being comedians is Doug Loves Movies. He usually has a good panel and it is a laid-back atmosphere for them to be funny with just enough direction via the games for it not to be aimless. Plus all of them are live, so they always have an audience to play off of. Full disclosure: once in awhile, someone (i.e., Paul F. Tompkins) plays a character.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #878 on: September 10, 2013, 06:05:12 PM »
Until I return to Twitter this will have to do: http://fredericksnprcast.podbean.com/

P.S. Sorry, Buster.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #879 on: September 11, 2013, 05:04:57 PM »
Until I return to Twitter this will have to do: http://fredericksnprcast.podbean.com/

P.S. Sorry, Buster.

Get back on Twitter. This isn't optional.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #880 on: September 11, 2013, 09:57:47 PM »
Yikes!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #881 on: September 12, 2013, 07:11:25 AM »
Agreed! Like my agreement will matter.

P.S. Sorry, Buster.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #882 on: September 12, 2013, 08:54:20 AM »
Agreed! Like my agreement will matter.

P.S. Sorry, Buster.

It matters.

justinmh05

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #883 on: September 19, 2013, 04:33:36 PM »
The latest episode of Improv4Humans is pretty fantastic. I mentioned earlier in the thread that I thought the quality had really dipped in recent months, but this latest episode from Bumbershoot may have been the funniest episode in the show's history. Besser, Brian Huskey, Tim Meadows and Horatio Sanz were really firing on all cylinders and turned being heckled by a bigoted audience member into gold.

And, yes, Paul F. Tompkins was on Doug Loves Movies AGAIN this week.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #884 on: September 19, 2013, 04:38:18 PM »
Lately I have listened to a bunch of episodes of the Flop House. It's more or less another entry in the "three guys riffing" category, but I like how nerdy it is. The hosts are kind of eggheads, who have actually read some books, and that makes for a refreshing contrast from the L.A. podcast crew. They go really deep with obscure movie and Marvel comics references, which is OK by me.

I have also listened to a lot of Bill Burr's podcast. I like him a lot, and the podcast is often very funny. But man, is it unproduced. And too much sports talk! The reads that he does for his promo spots are so bad, I almost can't believe that his sponsors put up with it. Same with Doug Benson: it sounds like he records his in a rental car (and he probably does).