Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650635 times)

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #945 on: February 24, 2015, 01:41:36 AM »
Henry Rollins has a new podcast besides his weekly radio show thats now on Itunes called Henry and Heidi.

lastplaneout

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #946 on: February 24, 2015, 07:47:20 AM »
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men

I can't second this enough. If you ever had even a passing interest in the X-Men, but never knew where to start, this one is right up your street. They recently did an episode about my favorite mutant, Legion, and it was everything I could have ever wanted.

I'm glad that other folks around here are getting into this one! I should also point out that David Wynne (who has done a bunch of the art for the Rachel and Miles podcast) is a big Best Show fan, which is pretty cool.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #947 on: February 24, 2015, 08:38:20 AM »

I can't second this enough. If you ever had even a passing interest in the X-Men, but never knew where to start, this one is right up your street. They recently did an episode about my favorite mutant, Legion, and it was everything I could have ever wanted.

I'm glad that other folks around here are getting into this one! I should also point out that David Wynne (who has done a bunch of the art for the Rachel and Miles podcast) is a big Best Show fan, which is pretty cool.

oh man thanks for the recommendation on this one! I was a huge X Men fan when I was a kid but I've always been inconsistent with my comics reading over the years so this was an idea that really appealed to me. I downloaded a few last night and ended up burning through like 5 episodes in a row, I'm loving this!

my only minor issue would be that Miles needs to slow down, sometimes it sounds like he's talking at double speed. but I've only listened to early episodes maybe it's just inexperience being on mic. It doesn't really bother me just something I noticed hopefully he'll relax into it a bit

I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #948 on: February 24, 2015, 10:55:42 AM »

I thought he died in September?

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #949 on: February 24, 2015, 12:52:03 PM »
He did, yeah, but they did an interview with Si Spurrier about his Legacy run and they talked about the whole sorted history of the character.
Wailin' the eff outta that vibraslap!

Gleepglop

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #950 on: February 27, 2015, 01:05:57 AM »
Before this week the only This American Life episode I'd ever heard was the Mike Daisey Retraction, but my brother just pointed me to this amazing episode about William Burroughs, narrated by Iggy Pop and featuring some commentary by John Waters, soundtrack by Nine Inch Nails. (This one was actually originally produced by the BBC, and Ira Glass just does an intro.)

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #951 on: February 27, 2015, 07:41:45 PM »
Before this week the only This American Life episode I'd ever heard was the Mike Daisey Retraction, but my brother just pointed me to this amazing episode about William Burroughs, narrated by Iggy Pop and featuring some commentary by John Waters, soundtrack by Nine Inch Nails. (This one was actually originally produced by the BBC, and Ira Glass just does an intro.)

They do that from time to time, just play other peoples shows they like. I wish they still did the TV show.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #952 on: February 28, 2015, 09:54:46 AM »
That was wonderful. Except, they skipped the Scientology stuff.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #953 on: February 28, 2015, 08:10:29 PM »
That was wonderful. Except, they skipped the Scientology stuff.

He was into Scientology?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #954 on: March 01, 2015, 09:33:53 AM »
For around nine years as I recall. Quite a fan of the E-meter.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #955 on: March 16, 2015, 11:43:58 AM »
I'm a big fan of The Dollop, hosted by Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds. Each episode covers a story from American history, and they tends towards crazy & bizarre stories. The format is fun because Anthony narrates the story and Reynolds is hearing it for the first time, so you get to hear his genuine reaction to some spectacularly weird and crazy things. One of the recent episodes is about some of the crazy things that Philly sports fans have done over the years. I'm sure Roy would be a fan.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #956 on: March 16, 2015, 03:32:52 PM »
I'm a big fan of The Dollop, hosted by Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds. Each episode covers a story from American history, and they tends towards crazy & bizarre stories. The format is fun because Anthony narrates the story and Reynolds is hearing it for the first time, so you get to hear his genuine reaction to some spectacularly weird and crazy things.

This sounds great. Thanks for the tip, Master.

If you're in the mood for something less linear, might I suggest this: http://fredericksnprcast.podbean.com/e/bad-connections/

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #957 on: March 16, 2015, 11:37:44 PM »
I just discovered a pretty good newish film podcast called Wrong Reel, the guys mostly review older and obscure films. I think they work in the film industry too, I know at least one host works for a TV show, but I'm not sure what TV show it is.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wrong-reel/id936525534?mt=2

neckwrestler

• Policemans heel
« Reply #958 on: March 23, 2015, 02:15:26 PM »
I've been binging on The Dollop over the past few days.  I've still got quite a few to catch up on, but some of my favorites so far are The Tank Chase, Ten Cent Beer Night and Oofty Goofty. 

Jew Heffner

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #959 on: March 23, 2015, 03:01:38 PM »
The Best Show of course is my #1! I also listen to The Starters NBA podcast. It's great for games I've missed and it's pretty funny too. I also listen to bbc world news to keep up with current events. Freakenomics, This American Life, Steve Austin Show and the Ross Report are among the occasional listens.
Twitter: @JPunswick