Author Topic: New Ted Leo + Rx MP3  (Read 2183 times)

Josh

• Space Champion!
New Ted Leo + Rx MP3
« on: January 15, 2007, 09:52:33 AM »

Quote from: Pitchfork
Exclusive Premiere: Ted Leo and the Pharmacists: "The Sons of Cain" [MP3]

Ted Leo/Pharmacists have never been repped to the best of Pitchfork's abilities: 2001's revered The Tyranny of Distance and 2003's Hearts of Oak both pulled in mid-to-low 8's when they were first reviewed-- and Hearts of Oak didn't even score Best New Music. What in the hell!

Granted, we did our best to right this injustice a couple years back with our Top 100 Albums of 2000-04: Hearts of Oak charted at #57, while The Tyranny of Distance rightly checked in at #31. And of course, we did bring dude on for last year's Pitchfork Music Festival, where he famously gave himself a head injury onstage. So it's with great happiness we present to you the following:

As most of you should know by now, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists' fourth album, the Brendan Canty-produced Living With the Living, is due March 20. Well, today our pals at venerable Chicago institution Touch & Go hooked us up with the exclusive premiere of its debut track, "The Sons of Cain".
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Tim K in DC

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: New Ted Leo + Rx MP3
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 05:08:59 PM »
Sounds rocking to me.
- Killing FOT threads dead since July 24, 2006 -

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 07:35:42 PM »
I read that he's flying solo this Friday at North Six.  Maybe this has been discussed already recently.  I miss a lot of stuff.  Anyway, sounds like something I'm gonna check out and thought other FOTs might want to as well.  Yay Ted!

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 07:50:18 PM »
I read that he's flying solo this Friday at North Six.  Maybe this has been discussed already recently.  I miss a lot of stuff.  Anyway, sounds like something I'm gonna check out and thought other FOTs might want to as well.  Yay Ted!

This Ted show is a benefit for Cal Robbins.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies