Author Topic: Coke Blak update  (Read 9512 times)

John Junk

Re: Coke Blak update
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 01:43:25 PM »
One or two cigarettes ain't gonna hurt you, son.

Also, what's your definition of "drunk"?  'Round these parts, people claim to be stone-cold sober after ten bee-ah and to be enjoying merely a mild "buzz" after a case.

I don't even know what my definition is anymore.  I'd say four beers and a shot in the span of about two hours = John White Horse is drunk.  Six or seven beers over the course of four hours?  John is just kinda grouchy and tired.  And feeling doughy.

Sarah

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 01:52:54 PM »
I'd say four beers and a shot in the span of about two hours = John White Horse is drunk.  Six or seven beers over the course of four hours?  John is just kinda grouchy and tired.  And feeling doughy.

That sounds about right to me.  Though last night in the chat I had two weak drinks over three hours and was tipsy to the point of making embarrassing typos!

John Junk

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 01:54:41 PM »
Mixed drinks are always a wild card for me.  I can set my watch to beer.

Sarah

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 01:57:07 PM »
I have that relationship with beer and Allen's coffee brandy.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 02:48:56 PM »
I had kidney stones once; my urologist told me that caffeine consumption had next to nothing to do with developing stones, and I was more likely a victim of the high mineral content, specifically calcium, in the local water supply.

Those of you who don't think you want them? Good call.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2007, 11:05:17 PM »
I had kidney stones once; my urologist told me that caffeine consumption had next to nothing to do with developing stones, and I was more likely a victim of the high mineral content, specifically calcium, in the local water supply.

Those of you who don't think you want them? Good call.

yup calcium can cause 'em. but i thought it had a lot to do with genetic predisposition. although... my best friend has an identical twin who got stones 3 years ago and she has yet to develop them herself. (she's patiently waiting.)

that said, coke blak's packaging scares the crap out of me. i wouldn't touch that stuff if you paid me -- looks like it should contain motor oil. i like to limit my intake of chemicals to the important stuff like that fake cheese they stuff into soft pretzels from time to time. or maybe those delicious lemon pies that tastycake makes.
from the land of pleasant living

mike a

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 01:06:10 PM »
We have Coke Blak here in St. Louis!  Inspired by TBS, I picked up a bottle (on special for 99 cents) at my local Schnuck's supermarket.  It wasn't UNpleasant, but certainly nothing I'd buy again.