Author Topic: Favorite Chris Elliott project  (Read 14452 times)

nec13

• Space Champion!
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

ben

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Favorite Chris Elliott project
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 12:14:58 AM »
That interview/conversation was tremendous.  I thought he would be on for 20-30 minutes tops, but on for well over an hour!  So awesome.
I love his banana dance.

Chris Elliott - Rocketman
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 02:47:36 AM »
There is no one answer to the question of "What is Chris Elliott's best project/bit/role?"

That said, his best bit ever is "Chris Elliott: Television Miracle."

It's amazing.

Chris Elliott: Television Miracle
If I tried, I could probably make at least six figures for shaking my moneymaker.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 10:56:01 AM »
I always thought Morton Downey, Jr. was a David Johansen character.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Pidgeon

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 01:35:48 PM »
I wish I was just a little bit older so I could have watched Late Night in the eighties.

Alex_from_the_woods

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 01:40:45 PM »
The original incarnation of Letterman was on as 11am weekdays in New York. It was hilarious. The fact that I was cutting school while watching it made it that much funnier.

I think I remember Elliott doing bits on there. That show was more bit oriented that Late night if i remember right.
Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Exsanguination?

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 05:27:05 PM »
Oh, no doubt about it: The guy under the seats... Runner up: The conspiracy guy...

I seem to remember him pulling this bit on Letterman once where he claimed to be James Clavel. Letterman keopt hyping that the "Shogun" author would be on the the show and then voila, it's Elliott. Am I remembering this correctly? Does anyone else recall this?
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

gordon!

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2011, 05:58:12 PM »
Awesome interview last night. Although it may be beneath him, Chris Elliot would be the perfect replacement for Steve Carrell in The Office.

Pidgeon

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2011, 06:02:42 PM »
Awesome interview last night. Although it may be beneath him, Chris Elliot would be the perfect replacement for Steve Carrell in The Office.

That'd be perfect. I could see his character being kind of a combination of the Michael and Creed characters.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2011, 10:18:19 PM »
There is no one answer to the question of "What is Chris Elliott's best project/bit/role?"

That said, his best bit ever is "Chris Elliott: Television Miracle."

It's amazing.

Wow. Haven't seen this in years. Thank you!
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2011, 10:59:09 PM »
Brando and Morton Downey Jr are my favorite Letterman bits, I watched every frame of Get a Life, I love Cabin Boy, and I even remember Daddy's Boy. Pretty much everything. All of it. I even liked that band Handsome Boy Modeling School because of the name.

I was pretty much a total spaz on the phone last night. My heart was beating like a bunny rabbit when I was waiting on hold.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

scales

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2011, 11:42:45 AM »
I loved his persona and characters on Letterman in the '80s.  That core of disdainful hostility he would bring... it just cracked me up and wasn't like a joke you could repeat, if that makes any sense.  I need to comb YouTube again for Chris Elliott clips from those days... I think I liked The Guy Under The Seats best but, he was always fun.  I also have fond memories of his stint in Mummenschanz and from the Late Night episode (actually it might've been a week?) when people's parents were there and Chris's parents didn't show up, and the false front he put up about how great it was no 'old people' were in his office.

I also remember enjoying the short films he did for whichever Letterman show in the early '90s.  Poolside Ecstasy, The Traveling Poet... I know there were more.

And of course I loved Get a Life.  I think the 'Cousin Donald' episode was my favorite.

He is just so funny.

scales

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2011, 11:48:30 AM »
Oh and, I really thought the 'Sky Crime' (I don't know the exact episode name - it was on last week) of Eagleheart was hilarious, and the humor so put me in mind of Get a Life.

nec13

• Space Champion!
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Smelodies

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2011, 01:13:18 AM »
Hadn't thought of Elliot-Letterman dynamic in years, but the show on Tuesday reminded me of how it is similar to Wurster-Scharpling.