Author Topic: I Love New York  (Read 1852 times)

Fido

• Space Champion!
I Love New York
« on: January 23, 2007, 07:13:28 PM »

I have to bring this up -- think of it as commiserating or something -- I think the series I Love New York is the most awful thing I have seen on television ever, anytime, anyplace.  I have watched a few minutes here and there and I can't bear it.  It just seems incredibly humiliating, degrading, cruel.  Ghastly.  And I haven't used that word in as long as I can remember. 

???   :'(

I still love the city of New York, which I am proud to call my home (notice how I am changing my own topic), no matter what Tom says.  I don't claim that it is the greatest city in the world.  It is at least 1,000,000% better than the aforementioned show.

Emerson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: I Love New York
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 01:41:56 PM »
I stopped watching TV at home in late 2005, after the Sox won the pennant. I'm glad to know that most of it still bites.

I'm waiting for the Best Of Mad Money DVDs to come out. For an "easter egg," you can watch every Cramer highlight AT ONCE.

~EmD
"You said it. I didn't."

Dorvid Barnas

Re: I Love New York
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 12:52:35 AM »
I agree that this show is a new low.  In the fifteen minutes I happened upon, the "dudes" had to pitch themselves as future breadwinners for New York.  The competition took place in a Wall Street boardroom presided over by  New York, New York's mother, and Omarosa.  It was therefore not suprising that one dude snapped that day- even before he got in there, he stole another dude's earning chart and almost got into a fight over the real-world importance of putting one's name on an earning chart. Later, in the boardroom, he had a horrifying breakdown and then threw himself down the stairs, requiring an ambulance. The kicker is that the dude's suicide attempt was not the climax. It was the 2nd commercial break. 

I couldn't even let myself stay tuned in to see how that madness could possibly resolve itself by 3:29.  I'd seen far too much...
But I hope Tom and Wurster saw it.
Because it's noteworthy. 
Holy crap.