Author Topic: Questions from a New Person  (Read 5944 times)

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Questions from a New Person
« on: March 19, 2009, 04:27:38 PM »
Hey, just started listening to the Best Show around Christmas time and loving it so far. This is my first post on the FOT forums. I have two questions:

1) Why does the podcast not have the songs that Tom plays at the beginning of the show?

2) The last episode Tom told a person to not talk about the Scharpling and Wurster cds. Why?

The second question I think i know. It seems like it'd be to keep the "reality" of the calls for some people unfamiliar with the situation.

Any help would be great.

hugman

Re: Questions from a New Person
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 04:33:17 PM »
1) is copyright issues
2) i think you've got that one.

wood and iron

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 04:34:18 PM »
Thanks for the help!

I also saw another thread that Tom answered about the guy talking about the CDs.

hugman

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 04:41:05 PM »
you should know, though, that the archives of the show on wfmu.org have the songs in them.

DoodleJump!

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 07:15:15 PM »
you should know, though, that the archives of the show on wfmu.org have the songs in them.
Yes, and while the podcasts are awesome, the archives give you the show in its entirety, which adds another measure of love to the mix.
"Enough with the bandana, already." -Trace Atkins to Donald Trump

liberalcrow

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 07:11:46 PM »
The songs, however, are pretty great most of the time...

Sometimes, after I hear the talking parts of the show, I download it from the archives and just listen to the songs. It's a good way to learn about good things. Sure it's inefficient, but what isn't, other than everything that isn't?

The end.

Mr San

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 08:40:46 PM »
The songs, however, are pretty great most of the time...

Sometimes, after I hear the talking parts of the show, I download it from the archives and just listen to the songs. It's a good way to learn about good things. Sure it's inefficient, but what isn't, other than everything that isn't?

The end.

That sounds so final  :-[