Author Topic: "You know who you look like?"  (Read 35418 times)

crumbum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: "You know who you look like?"
« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2009, 03:43:32 PM »
I just got a rather short haircut and on Friday my boss told me I look like a 12 year old boy.

Then when he saw that I looked kind of hurt he said 'It could be worse. I told Keenan [a gay coworker who just got a pretty wild haircut] he looks like he got too close to the Pride Parade.'

Where do you work? Inside of a PSA about workplace harassment?

Yeah, when I actually wrote it down I thought, 'this is pretty bad'. However my boss is a child of the 60s whose sense of boundaries was long ago destroyed by drugs. And I know I sound like an abused spouse saying this, but outside of such wacko comments here and there, it's a pretty great workplace.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
Re: "You know who you look like?"
« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2009, 03:56:18 PM »
Having had workplace experiences involving wacked individuals who make life difficult, and others involving unstoppable dehumanizing forces of bureaucracy seemingly sucking all the oxygen out of the workplace air (the name rhymes with 'Hey D&D'), I would agree, it could be worse.

I just got a rather short haircut and on Friday my boss told me I look like a 12 year old boy.

Then when he saw that I looked kind of hurt he said 'It could be worse. I told Keenan [a gay coworker who just got a pretty wild haircut] he looks like he got too close to the Pride Parade.'

Where do you work? Inside of a PSA about workplace harassment?

Yeah, when I actually wrote it down I thought, 'this is pretty bad'. However my boss is a child of the 60s whose sense of boundaries was long ago destroyed by drugs. And I know I sound like an abused spouse saying this, but outside of such wacko comments here and there, it's a pretty great workplace.