Author Topic: 4Chan tries to beat CNN and Ashton Kutcher to 1 Million Twitter Followers  (Read 5150 times)

yesno

  • Space Champion!
  • ******
  • Posts: 3426
  • Some will burn. All will pay.
Track them here:

http://85.14.217.35/tr/

Their account is @basementdad

The current average for new followers for that account is 576 per minute.

Dan B

  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
  • *****
  • Posts: 642
    • my radio show
There couldn't be a worse group of people to attempt this.

yesno

  • Space Champion!
  • ******
  • Posts: 3426
  • Some will burn. All will pay.
Ashton won. They've updated their Twitter to be all "threatening."

Regular Joe

  • Space Champion!
  • ******
  • Posts: 1015
  • Hrrm
This news made me go on Twitter to quit Twitter, but I just ended up Tweeting instead of deleting.

Bryan

  • Space Champion!
  • ******
  • Posts: 1635
This news made me go on Twitter to quit want to be a Twitter quitter, but I just ended up Tweeting instead of deleting.

Pidgeon

  • Guest
The psychology behind those 4chan mutants is seriously pretty fascinating.

It's like a collective reaction to political correctness that has mutated into a big blob of horrible.

Andy

  • Space Champion!
  • ******
  • Posts: 6112
  • Havin' a Time
horrible or awesome?
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Pidgeon

  • Guest
As an ex-frequent poster there, I have to say horrible. So, so horrible.

There's only so much "everybody going off on each other over the littlest things" and "ruining peoples lives" that I can take.

Gilly

  • Space Champion!
  • ******
  • Posts: 2110
I'd say 90 percent of it is pretty horrible and 10 percent is kind of awesome. The 10 percent brings me back there once in awhile but the other 90 percent makes me close the tab within seconds.

Pidgeon

  • Guest
I do admit some of the Pokemon stuff is funny, though I've never quite gotten their obsession with it.

Andy

  • Space Champion!
  • ******
  • Posts: 6112
  • Havin' a Time
also, the animated porn gifs.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Trembling Eagle

  • Guest
I thought I was a pretty tough cookie before 4chan
 8)


then I browsed it
 :o

I figured out fairly quickly I weren't so tough
 :'(

dave from knoxville

  • Space Champion!
  • ******
  • Posts: 5108
    • gaughin.edublogs.edu
This news made me go on Twitter to quit want to be a Twitter quitter, but I just ended up Tweeting instead of deleting.




A.M. Thomas

  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
  • *****
  • Posts: 858
  • From the Double Deuce
    • Tweet a-leet-a-leet!
The level of 4chan awfulness really depends on what board you're on.

For example, I thoroughly enjoyed this (sort of):



I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.