Author Topic: Dear Tom, RE: removed archives  (Read 8826 times)

Jixby Phillips

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Dear Tom, RE: removed archives
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2007, 10:32:31 PM »
I would love to hear the removed shows, also, no matter what you have to take out to make it happen. It would make a great premium for a future marathon.

John Junk

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007, 11:46:30 PM »
No it wouldn't.

Jixby Phillips

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2007, 06:13:57 AM »
WELL I THINK IT WOULD

MAN YOU'RE SUCH A JERK

YOU'RE DEAD

John Junk

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2007, 01:56:42 PM »
You don't call me a jerk.  I call you a jerk.  Jerk.

Now allow me to explain my position:
 I'm totally against pressuring Tom to resuscitate removed archives.  If S&W want to remove archives, I say let'em.  It's not like there's not 5,000 other episodes available for free already and it's not like they don't already have an amazing podcast lackey constantly editing down new shows to make them podcast-safe.  Sheesh.

Jixby Phillips

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 03:14:44 PM »
Fair enough, I understand that. There are few things more obnoxious than an ultra-demanding fan of ANYTHING. But I don't think theres anything wrong with us fans letting Tom know that it's something we'd like, as long as we're polite about it. Maybe people here thought Tom simply didn't think anybody cared enough about the missing non-wurster parts of the shows? I was just trying to come up for an actual reason for Tom to pursue it, like a MARATHON PREMIUM, so he wasn't just doing it because we demand it. Tom shouldn't have to deal with that. I think we're all extremely lucky and a little spoiled that we have such a huge archive of the Best Show for our enjoyment, and its important not to forget that.

I'm sorry I called you dead, dude! I DIDN'T MEAN IT

John Junk

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 05:03:35 PM »
I'm sorry too.  LET'S NOT FIGHT ANYMORE! :'(

Laurie

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007, 07:24:14 PM »
I know what this thread needs:

You're welcome.

PS: This one's for you, swissmiss:

bookem_dan-o

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 07:55:09 AM »
Fair enough, I understand that. There are few things more obnoxious than an ultra-demanding fan of ANYTHING. But I don't think theres anything wrong with us fans letting Tom know that it's something we'd like, as long as we're polite about it. Maybe people here thought Tom simply didn't think anybody cared enough about the missing non-wurster parts of the shows? I was just trying to come up for an actual reason for Tom to pursue it, like a MARATHON PREMIUM, so he wasn't just doing it because we demand it. Tom shouldn't have to deal with that. I think we're all extremely lucky and a little spoiled that we have such a huge archive of the Best Show for our enjoyment, and its important not to forget that.

I had already suggested this to Tom a long time ago, and rest assured, de-Wurster'ed versions of the removed archives is something that's definitely on the table. It's just that no promises or timetables can be given, especially for any of the archives before September '03 (which is when I started listening to the show and began editing the shows every week). Tom would have to go back into his own archives to dig those ones out (mostly from DAT, I assume). Don't hold your breath for those ones.

For anything after that, however, I can probably add edited versions of the pulled shows to the podcast feed for those weeks when Tom doesn't have a show.

Does that sound like a plan? Or should I just save those shows for die-hard fans to download via the FMU archive page, and keep the podcast feed undefiled from the comedy-redacted archives?