Author Topic: Comic books  (Read 113023 times)

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Comic books
« Reply #510 on: September 27, 2012, 06:08:30 PM »
Fatale, Saga, Prophet, Manhattan Projects have all been recent Image kick ass stuff.

I agree with all of these. Really great. I also like Peter Panzerfaust. Not as great as the others but I haven't stopped reading it.

Fraction's Hawkeye is wonderful. Not to be missed really.

Yeah I've been meaning to pick up his Hawkeye. Matt Fraction seems like such a wonderful dude and I really enjoy certain heros from the Marvel universe but if it's possible, the Marvel line is essentially a brick wall for newcomers. I like the X-Men and Spider-man. Which of the ten titles for each of those characters do i pick? So confusing.

I do not read too many super hero comics, really. Mostly dumb battles after dumb battles mixed in with a dumb crossover to sell more books. They are just not for me. However, I do love the way Fraction continually humanizes his superheros. He did it well with Invincible Ironman and is doing a superb job in the first two issues of Hawkeye. I would bet him an Aja will win Eisners for it next year.

A couple others I am enjoying: Brian Wood's THE MASSIVE, Matt Kindt's MIND MGMT. Top Shelf is having an incredible sale and I picked up 5 new books including UNDERWATER WELDER, BLANKETS (hardcover), LOST DOGS, WIZZYWIG. The sale is going on through tomorrow and there are some good deals. (http://www.topshelfcomix.com/catalog/special-deals)
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #511 on: November 15, 2013, 12:42:34 PM »
Looks like The Best Show is going to make it into another comic:

Loks like it is from Fraction & Zdarsky's SEX CRIMINALS.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

snogrog

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #512 on: December 21, 2013, 12:10:04 AM »
God, Sex Criminals is so good. And our man Matt Fraction rules even harder after seeing what the 4th printing cover for #1 looks like (sorry for the large image!):

He's this soulless bastard from Siberia. I once saw him shove Fred Savage's face in a toilet.