Author Topic: Vessel. dfk. Hey, it was the 80's.  (Read 7236 times)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: Vessel. dfk. Hey, it was the 80's.
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 01:03:32 PM »
Ha, just watched the video. It = great!

You like my silly "point fingers at everyone other than myself" preaching style?

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 06:50:38 PM »
Rock and roll dreams'll come through.

Reeleyes

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 02:42:24 AM »
Where are you in the picture, dfk?

Left to right, I am in the center, as it should be.

Right to left you're also in the center.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 09:08:50 AM »
1. It's true, we are all living in "annihilation zones".
2. That logo is AMAZING.

I hope I can have such richly fond/embarrassing memories 30 years from now. You rock, DFK.

MikeInFla

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2015, 08:15:57 AM »
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I find this interesting. I remember the band Vessel and saw them many, many times. I still have a Vessel cassette and some of the songs are a bit different than the ones featured on the MySpace link. I was in high school at the time you guys played at our church and you made a recording the show. Jeff Benson was my youth pastor. You may not realize it but your band had a huge impact on my life and I credit Jeff for helping me navigate the world as a young teen in the mid 80's. Perfect World, Sunday School In Hollywood, He Answered Me, Allabaster Mansion... All great tunes. Vessel kind of reminded me of Crowded House and you had a unique guitar sound that I always thought was the result of a Peavey Guitar. I heard one of the members passed away a few years ago (bass player maybe?). Something I remember after one of your shows (and this may sound corny) was that a buddy and I approached you and asked about your embroidered U2 shirt and we talked about how cool that was. Anyway, hope you are doing well and if you ever run into Jeff tell him Mike B. the former radio jock is alive and well in Florida and permanently out of the radio business.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 07:38:30 PM »
I actually like that V logo, Sunday School in Hollywood might be the best song title ever.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 08:20:50 PM »
Vessel is a great group.

"Sunday School in Hollywod" b/w "Holding On" // RSD 2016.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2015, 09:22:17 PM »
Vessel is a great group.

Sometimes when Beverly Hills is too much for me I take a drive on over to Hollywod.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

MikeInFla

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2015, 08:24:47 AM »
Vessel is a great group.

RSD 2016 would be cool for a Vessel reissue! I did make a digital copy of my tape and have been hunting down a better source to try and make it work but not being in Knoxville makes it difficult to find Vessel material (not that it would be easy to find in Knoxville, even with the ressurection of Raven Records). I did my best on the transfers but I have a tape hiss on my digital copies. May try it again on some down time this summer and see what I can come up with. My cassette version only has 2 or 3 songs on it that Jeff Benson gave me. Sunday School is one of those songs :)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2015, 06:58:11 PM »
I just saw this today (workplace stress has stolen many of the fun things from my life, like this forum.) I am really happy to hear we had some impact on people. I will try to call Jeff B in the next day or so and let him know (I somehow only seem to see him at funerals.)

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I find this interesting. I remember the band Vessel and saw them many, many times. I still have a Vessel cassette and some of the songs are a bit different than the ones featured on the MySpace link. I was in high school at the time you guys played at our church and you made a recording the show. Jeff Benson was my youth pastor. You may not realize it but your band had a huge impact on my life and I credit Jeff for helping me navigate the world as a young teen in the mid 80's. Perfect World, Sunday School In Hollywood, He Answered Me, Allabaster Mansion... All great tunes. Vessel kind of reminded me of Crowded House and you had a unique guitar sound that I always thought was the result of a Peavey Guitar. I heard one of the members passed away a few years ago (bass player maybe?). Something I remember after one of your shows (and this may sound corny) was that a buddy and I approached you and asked about your embroidered U2 shirt and we talked about how cool that was. Anyway, hope you are doing well and if you ever run into Jeff tell him Mike B. the former radio jock is alive and well in Florida and permanently out of the radio business.

Mike Desert

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2015, 01:21:28 PM »
woah, MySpace is weird now.

Reminds me of fIREHOSE
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person

MikeInFla

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2016, 02:21:20 PM »
I just saw this today (workplace stress has stolen many of the fun things from my life, like this forum.) I am really happy to hear we had some impact on people. I will try to call Jeff B in the next day or so and let him know (I somehow only seem to see him at funerals.)

Cool!  8) I think I saw Vessel a handful of times, enjoyed every show.

Mike