Author Topic: KISS: An Album-by-Album Critical Reevaluation  (Read 73414 times)

placeholder

• Achilles bursitis
  • Oh hi.
    • "Get my dirge band. I need you guys to play another death drone."
Re: KISS: An Album-by-Album Critical Reevaluation
« Reply #390 on: June 21, 2018, 11:47:13 AM »
I have just bought Lick it Up, the only non-makeup KISS album I own. I did get Crazy Nights as a Christmas or birthday gift in 1987, when I was eight years old, but I don't have the cassette anymore and don't really remember anything but the singles.

Lick it Up is an okay, straightforward rock record—especially the title song, "Exciter," and a couple of others, none of which Gene Simmons wrote or sings. Paul Stanley raps and co-opts AAVE on "All Hell's Breakin' Loose," and it's one of the worst, most cringe-inducing things I have ever heard.

With this post, I am formally petitioning forum member buffcoat to write reviews of the post-Creatures of the Night KISS albums. Please consider it!
"I came into the room/You didn't know I was The Creature."

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
  • I don't give a rip!
« Reply #391 on: June 21, 2018, 09:42:29 PM »
A formal petition! Goodness.

I can only fairly review Lick it Up!, Animalize and Crazy Nights. I got fully off the train after that.

I'll take it under consideration. Thanks for asking.

Meanwhile:

Paul Stanley on firing Peter Criss for the third and final time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQYx3jMX4mQ
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #392 on: July 10, 2018, 06:28:29 PM »
Attn Bay Area Kiss fans! My other band (Thunderbleed AKA Blind Vengeance) is opening up for the all-star Ace Frehley tribute "Frehley's Vomet" tonight at the Hemlock Tavern in San Francisco! Show is at 8:30pm and guaranteed to riff rock your face off.

-Ajax Themeweaver

anything