Author Topic: Roller Coasters  (Read 2841 times)

allanalpha

• Plantar Fasciitis
Roller Coasters
« on: June 23, 2009, 10:40:05 AM »
Dear Tom,

I am also a coaster enthusiast (Not affiliated with ACE or any other group), and I must say, Kansas City is the place to go right now for roller coasters.  Worlds of Fun has some of the best coasters I have ridden in a long time, including:

The Spinning Dragons - This roller coaster spins like a top, while you ride it, insane.

The Patriot - Inverted Feet dangling action 
Length of Track    3,081 FEET   
Lift Height    149 FEET
First Drop     123 FEET   
Speed    APPROXIMATELY 60 MPH

Timberwolf - Considered by coaster enthusiasts to be one of the top coasters in the world.  I disagree.

The Mamba - This is one of the best I have ever ridden.   
Maximum Speed    Up to 75 MPH
Length of Track    5,600 Feet
Height of Lift    Over 200 Feet
First Drop    205 Feet

Boomerang - Small, quick coaster, but very fun...  runs its track in forward then reverse.

Prowler - This is an amazing coaster that just opened this year, the way it moved on the track was like a cat, so fast and smooth with lots of turns and bumps, but very smooth, amazing.

Well, that's all.

Allan Alpha

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: Roller Coasters
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 11:58:54 AM »
I recommend Speed: The Ride at the Sahara in Las Vegas.  It immediately whips you to 70MPH out of the gate.

http://www.rcdb.com/id593.htm

You should also try the Big Shot at the Stratosphere next door.  Launches you at 4Gs into the air, then a 160-foot freefall as you look down 1,049 feet onto the Strip.

http://www.vegas.com/attractions/on_the_strip/bigshot.html
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 12:02:31 PM »
The Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood Park in West Mifflin, PA has a top speed of 85 MPH and a 225 ft. drop. It's one of the best steel coasters in the world. Everyone should ride it.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

allanalpha

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 01:28:47 PM »
They all sound cool, but not as cool as buffcoats avatar.  Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff!  Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff! Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 05:08:50 PM »
Allan Alpha

I am so grateful you posted your name.

I kept misreading it.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 12:09:29 PM »
I used to love the Cyclone until it did untold damage to my back for several days.

The first hill is scary by any metric, even when compared to the superior height of metal coasters.  It is not just because the Cyclone feels like it is going to fall apart (although that helps).  The first hill's steepness and curve to the right just take the wind right out of you.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling