Author Topic: Jay-Z on Bill Maher  (Read 1414 times)

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Jay-Z on Bill Maher
« on: August 29, 2009, 02:31:21 AM »
Bill Maher did one of his interview only shows and the first guest was Jay-Z who Bill is apparently a huge fan of. Tom, did you see this? What did you think? Jay-Z said he let Kanye produce the majority of Blueprint 3 and although Kanye is a better producer than rapper I was wondering what you thought of him being responsible for that much of the album.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
Re: Jay-Z on Bill Maher
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 04:33:53 PM »
Tom tweeted about this. And I quote:

I am REALLY not enjoying this Bill Maher interview with Jay-Z. Hearing him quote lyrics makes me want to go back to sleep.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 07:12:34 PM »
Yeah, that was totally weird. The whole thing is weird, it was as if both of them were fanboys of each other and treading lightly as to not offend each other. Jay-Z seemed to be trying hard to make Maher laugh while Maher was trying to look like he was really in the know about urban culture. All I know is I'm skeptical of Blueprint 3.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 02:05:04 PM »
The reason Kanye is producing so much of the album is because he also produced a good portion of the original Blueprint. Besides they have collaborated quite a bit in the past, so I would trust Kanye more than most prodcuers to do right by Jay-Z. Everything I've heard thus far from Blueprint 3 has been pretty damn good IMHO.

I have not seen Jay-Z's Bill Maher interview and judging from what Tom said, I'm pretty sure that I don't want to.
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."