Author Topic: OH MY GOD WHAT'S GOING ON I AM SO LOST  (Read 5838 times)

panasonicyouth

• Plantar Fasciitis
OH MY GOD WHAT'S GOING ON I AM SO LOST
« on: September 02, 2009, 10:11:28 PM »
Hello all. Found out about this show from a wonderful clip that I was given featuring Tom and Paul F. Thompkins discussing the Gathering of The Juggalos. (Which, by the way, I was about one email away from covering for my work. NEXT YEAR, GUYS.)

I found the podcast through an ad on iTunes and am now hooked. The quality of my life has increased 235%! True story!

So what should I know around here?

nec13

• Space Champion!
Re: OH MY GOD WHAT'S GOING ON I AM SO LOST
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 10:31:46 PM »
Just know that buffcoat runs this place. Don't do anything to get on his bad side.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 10:49:45 PM »
First and foremost, it's spelled Tompkins. I've personally made this error before even when I knew better, so I forgive you. Paul may not be so kind though, should he find out. I don't claim to speak for the man, but you might want to lay low for a little while.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 11:00:31 PM »
The host prefers being called Tommy until he gets to know you.

That or Mister S.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

panasonicyouth

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 11:21:05 PM »
The host prefers being called Tommy until he gets to know you.

That or Mister S.

What about Mister S. Tommy? Is this acceptable????

I'm hiding from Paul even though I live in the same town as him. This may be harder than we think.

betheboy

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 12:50:23 AM »
When it comes to the show you should know that Tom likes it when you call in with pre-planned comedy bits, preferably in a funny voice.

As for the board: Respect is the name of the game.  Respect the users, respect the host and moderators and respect the guests who come on the show.  I've been listening for a few years but only recently started hanging around this place and I have to tell you it's the best place of it's kind.  You will find no better group of fans than the Friends of Tom.  Get to know these people, read their posts, follow them on Twitter and listen to them because there are some amazing people here. I am proud to be in such great company and i think you will be too.  Welcome and enjoy.

Hoboken Brian

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 08:25:30 PM »
Be nice until it's time to not be nice.
    -James Dalton
(Photo of shirtless Dick Cavett lounging on a horse goes here)

DoodleJump!

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 09:06:28 PM »
When it comes to the show you should know that Tom likes it when you call in with pre-planned comedy bits, preferably in a funny voice.

As for the board: Respect is the name of the game.  Respect the users, respect the host and moderators and respect the guests who come on the show.  I've been listening for a few years but only recently started hanging around this place and I have to tell you it's the best place of it's kind.  You will find no better group of fans than the Friends of Tom.  Get to know these people, read their posts, follow them on Twitter and listen to them because there are some amazing people here. I am proud to be in such great company and i think you will be too.  Welcome and enjoy.

Seconded and SECONDED!
Try to slowly read every thread, or at least most of them. Read even the ones you think have no relevance to your life. It gives you a good idea of how we react with each other here.
Welcome!
"Enough with the bandana, already." -Trace Atkins to Donald Trump

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 09:47:10 PM »
Just know that buffcoat runs this place. Don't do anything to get on his bad side.

I'm new here - who is "buffcoat?"
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 11:48:32 PM »

Where the hell wear you when I joined up? All I got was Buffcoat making fun of all my posts for the first week I was on here. But it's true Panasonic Youth, most forums are full of pretentious douche-bags but this forum is made up of people that are aware of their own pretension and that really makes all the difference.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 12:08:00 AM »

Where the hell wear you when I joined up? All I got was Buffcoat making fun of all my posts for the first week I was on here. But it's true Panasonic Youth, most forums are full of pretentious douche-bags but this forum is made up of people that are aware of their own pretension and that really makes all the difference.

Stuff like this, you mean?

g-stampgirl      Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  « Reply #340 on: June 14, 2009, 11:44:14 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glad to see these new people on this thread- I have yet to see them on the other threads! Don't be shy!

buffcoat Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  « Reply #341 on: June 15, 2009, 12:39:02 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No, do be shy.  This board can only take a certain number of posts a day and they're all pretty much spoken for.  Sorry, new people, you missed your chance!

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

tits mcgee

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 02:21:17 AM »
it's pretty tame around here compaired to some other places. 

I am not complaining.

it's nice.
If a rash develops, discontinue use.