Author Topic: "I had so much fun last night!" thread  (Read 31048 times)

DanFromBrooklyn

• Achilles bursitis
Re: "I had so much fun last night!" thread
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2009, 01:38:26 PM »
KKM, you made the awesome cupcakes, did you not?  So seriously, thank you -- that was awesome.

kittykittymeowmixhead

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 01:49:40 PM »
Aw thanks, it was fun. Though I have to say I had one of those moments that's been a topic on The Best Show...you know the one..."Why am I doing this again?" It was right about the time that my wrist started to cramp intensely after writing 'fot' with a pastry bag the 60th-or-so time, and then again after removing everything from the fridge to make room for the cupcakes so the ganache could set. But I'm glad I did, if only to see some FOT smiles!

Sarah

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 03:29:16 PM »
Favorite part... when people NOT FOT-Related would come in and . . . stand around making fun of everyone. That was great.

Examples?

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 04:18:35 PM »
Favorite part... when people NOT FOT-Related would come in and . . . stand around making fun of everyone. That was great.

Examples?

Grumpasaurus strikes again.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2009, 04:24:10 PM »

Examples?

there was a rumor that a couple of swedish dopplegangers sombered in and made some trouble.  there was also mention somewhere else on the internet that randoms would come up, notice the common theme and realize the party wasnt for them and leave. 

who knows...im just causing my own trouble.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2009, 05:11:17 PM »
But by the end of the night the guy was standing on the bar taking pictures of the show, and swearing to find Martin and join forces with him in Sweden.

Ew brother.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2009, 07:28:57 PM »
Checking in very late, as I just got back today, but wanted to thank all the friends, familiar faces and folks I met for the first time who made this a killer evening (figuratively, thank God).  Sitting directly next to Philly Boy Roy during his appearance I felt bathed in the same glow that must have surrounded Frank Rizzo and his staff on a daily basis, although my upstart bladder forced me to give up my spot and miss most of TL's set.    

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2009, 08:27:45 PM »
Great meeting you, Chris L, albeit briefly. You looked nothing like your avatars.

I was also very psyched to meet @clarencethomas of Twitter fame. I had no idea he was a FOT.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

AlizaEss

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2009, 10:17:40 AM »
But by the end of the night the guy was standing on the bar taking pictures of the show, and swearing to find Martin and join forces with him in Sweden.

Ew brother.

I will embarrassedly admit that I was taking photos while sitting next to the giant Swedish gent, and he decided to help me out by grabbing my camera and climbing onto the bar. Eeps.

Don't worry, I apologized to and thanked profusely the bartenders who were very sweet all evening.

Sadly, I accidentally deleted all of my photos anyway. Argh. So thank goodness for kitty, HaroldBlvd, and others for taking photos that were much more amazing than my own grainy shots. You saved me much weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Kitty, I think I was sitting near you at some point? I'm the exceedingly tiny girl who was wearing purple plaid...

kittykittymeowmixhead

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2009, 04:06:38 PM »
Yes! and I was the exceedingly tiny girl with exceedingly large shoes haha. You rule! And don't get me wrong, the Swedish dude was awesome. I've played the clueless foreigner before. I've been that guy! France, summer 07  :-\ 

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2009, 04:22:41 PM »
Yes! and I was the exceedingly tiny girl with exceedingly large shoes haha. You rule! And don't get me wrong, the Swedish dude was awesome. I've played the clueless foreigner before. I've been that guy! France, summer 07  :-\ 

Complete with groping?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

kittykittymeowmixhead

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2009, 04:54:03 PM »
No, but I did perform a karaoke rendition of "Like a Virgin" for a roomful of mostly gay men complete with rolling around on the floor in a dress and girl-on-girl lap-dances. Does that count?

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2009, 05:48:20 PM »
No, but I did perform a karaoke rendition of "Like a Virgin" for a roomful of mostly gay men complete with rolling around on the floor in a dress and girl-on-girl lap-dances. Does that count?

jeepers creepers.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2009, 06:10:23 PM »

Can you send me a jpeg?

methanolcereal

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2009, 01:22:46 AM »
I just wanted to chime in.

I had a great time last week. I was very cool meeting the handful of you that I did (I remember Jon, Jessie [Jessi? Jesse? I'm so sorry, i forgot how you had it smelt on your name tag], Frank from Weehawken [briefly], Emily, a dude named mark who does not really go on the boards, and a couple others). I was there with my friend Alex (we were two bearded guys in flannel [that's real helpful right?], he had glasses and is taller than I am).

Best part was getting that Peanut Chew from Mr. Ziegler himself. I think I might frame it.