Author Topic: Antichrist  (Read 13302 times)

Sarah

Re: Antichrist
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2009, 08:46:59 AM »
Antichrist costs too much for me on IFC on Demand right now ($6!), so I'll be waiting till it goes on sale.  I have no doubt, though, that once it's cheap enough for my tastes I'll be watching it.  Not only am I regularly irresistibly drawn to grotesquerie, I've liked/respected/been fascinated despite myself by most of Mr. von Trier's output, so I can't see giving this one a miss regardless of how revolting it seems to be.

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2009, 10:32:50 AM »
Antichrist costs too much for me on IFC on Demand right now ($6!), so I'll be waiting till it goes on sale.  I have no doubt, though, that once it's cheap enough for my tastes I'll be watching it.  Not only am I regularly irresistibly drawn to grotesquerie, I've liked/respected/been fascinated despite myself by most of Mr. von Trier's output, so I can't see giving this one a miss regardless of how revolting it seems to be.

OK, Sarah, but don't blame me when that horrible image becomes permanently seared to your brain (mind? consciousness? It's tricky, isn't it?). You've been warned.
See God, Kai

Sarah

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2009, 06:19:45 PM »
What, you mean you aren't responsible for my choices?  This comes as a tremendous shock to me. 

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2009, 08:20:38 PM »
Of course not. But shouldn't we look out for each others' backs in the FOT community? That's how I roll.
See God, Kai

Matthew_S

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2010, 01:23:08 PM »
This movie just arrived  (or I just noticed it) on Netflix's streaming service.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2010, 03:15:07 PM »
This movie just arrived  (or I just noticed it) on Netflix's streaming service.

I watched it over the weekend. Thought some of the stuff was pretty funny, but most of it I would've been fine without seeing. Gainsbourg was really good, too bad the movie was pretty boring.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2010, 01:45:46 AM »

OK, Sarah, but don't blame me when that horrible image becomes permanently seared to your brain (mind? consciousness? It's tricky, isn't it?). You've been warned.

Image? You mean images.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2010, 01:49:39 AM »
I would suggest you Haneke's adaptation of "The Castle" by Kafka with the late Ulrich Mühe and the new "Funny Games", also White Ribbon is truly a deserving winner of Cannes. :D

The new Funny Games i thought that was supposed to be the bad one. Has anybody seen the film he did called The Seventh Continent?

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2010, 06:12:58 PM »
I would suggest you Haneke's adaptation of "The Castle" by Kafka with the late Ulrich Mühe and the new "Funny Games", also White Ribbon is truly a deserving winner of Cannes. :D

The new Funny Games i thought that was supposed to be the bad one. Has anybody seen the film he did called The Seventh Continent?

yes i have the boxset with that one in it
i recommend the whole box

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2010, 07:01:16 PM »
I think I'm going to go see The White Ribbon this weekend. 

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2010, 07:46:38 AM »
I got through the intro and had to bail.  It's still sitting on my Netflix instant cue almost taunting me to watch it.  I realize this is a bad idea as the Wiki entry alone made me want to barf violently.  It sounds like more of an endurance test then a movie ala Caligula.   
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2010, 10:23:51 PM »
It appears ANTICHRIST is being added to the Criterion Collection later this year:

Hopefully they can have that JOEY: THE COMPLETE SERIES set ready by Christmas.
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2010, 12:55:57 AM »
It appears ANTICHRIST is being added to the Criterion Collection later this year:

Where did you hear that?

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2010, 01:51:14 PM »

Where did you hear that?

The monthly Criterion newsletter always has a tease like that.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2010, 04:24:47 AM »

Where did you hear that?

Oh i don't get the news letter. I did check the coming soon section on the website though and im pretty excited about Antonioni's Red Desert finally getting released.

The monthly Criterion newsletter always has a tease like that.