Author Topic: New to the board, and a question about Best Show music  (Read 4878 times)

Kadon

• Plantar Fasciitis
New to the board, and a question about Best Show music
« on: November 18, 2009, 12:26:08 AM »
Is there a playlist of music played on the Best Show by episode? I can never figure out who's who by the time the music's backed out.
The Kyle from Charleston, SC
Add/follow me so I'll have better self-esteem: twitter / last.fm

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: New to the board, and a question about Best Show music
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 06:43:14 PM »
Is there a playlist of music played on the Best Show by episode? I can never figure out who's who by the time the music's backed out.
Listen to Tom when he announces the songs!

Then write them down.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Kadon

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 07:19:26 PM »
Wow, thanks!
The Kyle from Charleston, SC
Add/follow me so I'll have better self-esteem: twitter / last.fm

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 09:58:32 PM »
Wow, thanks!
No problem.  I'm only here to help.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 07:49:13 AM »
C'mon one of the FOT has got to be doing this. This place is lousy with OCD!

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 12:12:39 PM »
You can always get it here.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 12:21:38 PM »

While there are often references to some of Tom's music selections, the music at the top of each recap is not Tom's playlist for that particular show.  It's just me playing the role of DJ and coming up with my own.  (On a few occassions I have included a song that Tom played.)  In retrospect I should have been documenting his tunes in the recaps, but Heinz site is always 20/20.

I do have most of Tom's playlists in my notes for shows from 2006-present, but I would have to relisten to those broadcasts to ensure completeness and accuracy.  I believe some other people at least started an effort to catalog the setlists for pre-2006 programes.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 01:31:15 PM »

At one point I thought about building a group one one of the jukebox sites to put all the songs Tom plays in there, and then we could all join. We can still do this - what do people think is the best? Pandora? Last.fm? Blip? Etc?

I think I've opened accounts on a bunch of them but the one I seem to be using is last.fm ... but some of these sites don't have complete songs, and isn't clear whether regular dudes like us can add them.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

kiemzi

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 01:39:10 PM »

this cracked me up, fa reals.

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 03:02:32 PM »

While there are often references to some of Tom's music selections, the music at the top of each recap is not Tom's playlist for that particular show.  It's just me playing the role of DJ and coming up with my own.  (On a few occassions I have included a song that Tom played.)  In retrospect I should have been documenting his tunes in the recaps, but Heinz site is always 20/20.

I do have most of Tom's playlists in my notes for shows from 2006-present, but I would have to relisten to those broadcasts to ensure completeness and accuracy.  I believe some other people at least started an effort to catalog the setlists for pre-2006 programes.

Well, I knew that!

OR DID I!?!?

I didn't. Sorry.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.