Author Topic: The Thick Of It  (Read 8377 times)

samir

• Space Champion!
Re: The Thick Of It
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2009, 03:10:37 PM »
Rebecca Front, who plays the minister in the current run, may be familiar to Iannucci fans from The Day Today (where she was Rosie May, environmental correspondent), and Knowing Me Knowing You.

"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2009, 07:23:17 AM »
Rebecca Front, who plays the minister in the current run, may be familiar to Iannucci fans from The Day Today (where she was Rosie May, environmental correspondent), and Knowing Me Knowing You.

Knowing me Alan Partridge, knowing you Samir. A-HA

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2009, 09:36:17 AM »

Knowing me Alan Partridge, knowing you Samir. A-HA

Man, I knew she looked familiar!
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 10:11:44 AM »
THIS is the clip I was looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrQLinohfe0
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2009, 03:12:38 AM »
This week's ep elicited the desired Holy Shit response. That new guy is the most loathsome one yet.  

Jason

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2009, 04:13:22 AM »
This week's ep elicited the desired Holy Shit response. That new guy is the most loathsome one yet.  

Thanks Chris, I had no idea it broke the standard UK 6 episode series.

Just watched it.

Every character in this show is superb, but it is Malcolm Tucker's relentlessly inventive invective, that defies all odds by toppling into neither the abyss of puerility nor burying itself in the catacomb of cliche, that makes this show a must see.

If there are any Free Alt Weekly editors reading this post that are looking for a TV reviewer feel free to hit me up. I could use the money.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2009, 05:45:51 AM »
I was also (pleasantly) surprised that they ditched the six-episode standard and went for a two-part finale. Haven't seen it yet.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2009, 08:36:21 AM »
Just saw last night's episode. Good God. I'm out of breath. That was astonishing.

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2009, 08:59:44 AM »
This new guy seems like a real psycho...
i wonder how they will develop him further and imho this series is far from being over. There is room for at least 2 more seasons.

Jason

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2010, 06:04:02 PM »
Malcolm Tucker now has his own column in the Guardian, I guess for the run up to the impending General Election.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/mar/12/malcolm-tucker-election-briefing

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2010, 12:46:18 PM »
I find it really strange that this series hasn't been put out on DVD in region 1, especially with In The Loop being so well received here.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2010, 07:41:39 PM »
There's a big-ass box set containing all three seasons + the specials coming out in late April on R2. I'd be surprised if that doesn't become available in some form in the US.

Country Lobster

• Policemans heel
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2010, 03:41:47 PM »
There's a big-ass box set containing all three seasons + the specials coming out in late April on R2. I'd be surprised if that doesn't become available in some form in the US.

I certainly hope so…

Has anyone been paying attention to the stuff Eric Massa said about Rahm Emanuel? Immediately made me think of Malcolm…

"[He is] the son of the devil's spawn."

"He is an individual who would sell his mother to get a vote. He would strap his children to the front end of a steam locomotive."

"Let me tell you a story about Rahm Emanuel. I was a congressman in my first eight weeks, and I was in the congressional gym, and I went down and I worked out and I went into the showers...I'm sitting there showering, naked as a jaybird and here comes Rahm Emanuel not even with a towel wrapped around his tush, poking his finger in my chest, yelling at me because I wasn't going to vote for the president's budget. Do you know how awkward it is to have a political argument with a naked man?"

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2010, 04:21:21 PM »

I certainly hope so…

Has anyone been paying attention to the stuff Eric Massa said about Rahm Emanuel? Immediately made me think of Malcolm…

"[He is] the son of the devil's spawn."

"He is an individual who would sell his mother to get a vote. He would strap his children to the front end of a steam locomotive."

"Let me tell you a story about Rahm Emanuel. I was a congressman in my first eight weeks, and I was in the congressional gym, and I went down and I worked out and I went into the showers...I'm sitting there showering, naked as a jaybird and here comes Rahm Emanuel not even with a towel wrapped around his tush, poking his finger in my chest, yelling at me because I wasn't going to vote for the president's budget. Do you know how awkward it is to have a political argument with a naked man?"

i smell a face-off in "in the loop 2 - bollocks in the shower"