Author Topic: The Gillette Fusion  (Read 10535 times)

Sarah

Re: The Gillette Fusion
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2009, 01:57:44 PM »
I figured you'd all throw a big fat hissy fit if I didn't temper the observation.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2009, 04:24:53 PM »
I figured you'd all throw a big fat hissy fit if I didn't temper the observation.

Tempered, like the steel blades of the Gillette Fusion.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2010, 10:46:29 PM »
I've been growing a beard since mid-December and I gotta say that not shaving has been nice.  I know I'm going to have to eventually, though.  It just feels like a chore I'm putting off because, at heart, I really don't want to do it.  Anyone else find themself in this kind of bind? 
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

Smelodies

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2010, 01:36:24 AM »
I too haven't shaved for a while, but it's coming off Monday morning.

Back to work.  

Sarah

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2010, 08:04:05 AM »
I know I'm going to have to eventually, though.

Why?

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2010, 08:13:34 AM »
I know I'm going to have to eventually, though.

Why?

I'm starting to look like Brian Wilson during his "lost years".  I also need to
slim down too, you see.  And stop spending entire days in
bed.
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2010, 03:18:25 PM »
I finally relented and shaved.  I've got a comedy show Wednesday night and didn't want to Go with the "Jam Band Fan/Al Queda" look.
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

chuck from cedar rapids

• Policemans heel
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2010, 02:25:29 PM »
I'm a fan of the Fusion - my one complaint is that the razors are costly and dull quickly. I usually change mine weekly and I shave almost every day.

I really only shave after a hot shower as my skin is sensitive. A dull razor is like shaving with a weed-whacker. I've tried a lot of different shaving creams but I prefer the 99 cent Gillette stuff that comes in the red can. A good aftershave lotion can do wonders for the condition of my skin.

I really do need to upgrade my shaving game - brush, soap, and a safety razor. That would be some real next-level shaving.

Pat K

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2010, 02:41:14 PM »
I finally relented and shaved.  I've got a comedy show Wednesday night and didn't want to Go with the "Jam Band Fan/Al Queda" look.

You made the right decision. You look pretty clean-cut and all-American in your avatar photo.
I'm warning you with peace and love.

Mark in Helsinki

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2010, 02:49:46 PM »
I'm a fan of the Fusion - my one complaint is that the razors are costly and dull quickly. I usually change mine weekly and I shave almost every day.

I really only shave after a hot shower as my skin is sensitive. A dull razor is like shaving with a weed-whacker. I've tried a lot of different shaving creams but I prefer the 99 cent Gillette stuff that comes in the red can. A good aftershave lotion can do wonders for the condition of my skin.

I really do need to upgrade my shaving game - brush, soap, and a safety razor. That would be some real next-level shaving.

Whoa... you braggin'?

Those things cost 2 bucks apiece!

When I first really started to need to shave daily I bought one of those old-timey double edge razors and I thought I was the coolest.

After about a year of that I tried one of the Gillettes (probably only 2 blades) and realized shaving did not necessarily have to include going to the hospital for a plasma pick-me-up.
"Is this me?"

chuck from cedar rapids

• Policemans heel
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2010, 05:20:42 PM »

Whoa... you braggin'?

When I first really started to need to shave daily I bought one of those old-timey double edge razors and I thought I was the coolest.

After about a year of that I tried one of the Gillettes (probably only 2 blades) and realized shaving did not necessarily have to include going to the hospital for a plasma pick-me-up.

I'm not bragging at all! I've tried keeping the blades around longer but the quality of the shave goes downhill rather quickly.

It costs a fortune, that's why I'm looking into other shaving options. Thinking about how much money I've spent on blades makes me cringe.

Mark in Helsinki

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2010, 07:14:34 PM »

Whoa... you braggin'?

I'm not bragging at all! I've tried keeping the blades around longer but the quality of the shave goes downhill rather quickly.

It costs a fortune, that's why I'm looking into other shaving options. Thinking about how much money I've spent on blades makes me cringe.

My advice is go for some 1990's Style sensor. It will save your face and pinch less in the pocketbook.
"Is this me?"

thom

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2010, 09:04:01 PM »
Are you powerjammers telling me that all this internet shavingnerd hooplah over those damn safety razors and badger brushes is bologna?

Is that what all you powerjammers are telling me?

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2010, 09:43:59 PM »

You made the right decision. You look pretty clean-cut and all-American in your avatar photo.

I've been told I should be in movies, but I don't see it personally.
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

chuck from cedar rapids

• Policemans heel
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2010, 08:34:40 PM »
Are you powerjammers telling me that all this internet shavingnerd hooplah over those damn safety razors and badger brushes is bologna?

Is that what all you powerjammers are telling me?

I've heard that they are the real deal. I'm just waiting until I can free up some funds to upgrade my shaving apparatus. Those brushes are pricey!