Author Topic: Movies I don't recommend  (Read 14981 times)

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Movies I don't recommend
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2010, 09:21:37 PM »
How about that there Paper Heart movie?  Yeech. 
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

mackro

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2010, 09:46:01 PM »
Any sneak peeks at The Runaways movie?  I'm on the fence here, based on the disappointing trailer.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2010, 10:10:22 PM »
Any sneak peeks at The Runaways movie?  I'm on the fence here, based on the disappointing trailer.

I've been hearing some negative buzz, but I'm tempted to ignore all reasonable advice and see it anyway.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2010, 11:34:33 PM »
Do the Runaways really merit a biopic?  More than, say, the Electric Eels or Fine Young Cannibals?

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2010, 12:02:09 AM »
Do the Runaways really merit a biopic?  More than, say, the Electric Eels or Fine Young Cannibals?

Couldn't agree more. I am personally waiting for a Collective Soul biopic.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

mackro

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2010, 12:06:06 AM »
Do the Runaways really merit a biopic?  More than, say, the Electric Eels or Fine Young Cannibals?

Couldn't agree more. I am personally waiting for a Collective Soul biopic.

Maybe if Kim Fowley had fronted the Electric Eels. There's your big screen moneymaker.

OK, Internet-Is-Serious-Business answer: yes, The Runaways do merit a biopic.  Of course they're more likely to get a movie deal than Electric Eels or Fine Young Cannibals... for unsurprisingly objectifying reasons.  I like all three groups, but between the three, one clearly stands out as one ripe for the big screen.  A good movie?  I hope.  Yes, I'll be upset if this movie stinks because between Kim Fowley, Joan Jett, the general state of rock in 1975 & 1976, just before punk was about to explode, it was interesting times and crossroads for rock music... even without such a music-centric angle, a Runaways story can make for a great movie.

Unfortunately this one smells like The Doors movie, maybe worse.  However Jim Morrison deserved the sacrilege.  The ex-Runaways that are still alive don't deserve this, IMHO (if the same is the case) although they have ended up doing well, more or less.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2010, 09:41:27 AM »
The Shadow of the Vampire.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Paul DePhiladelphia

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2010, 09:59:52 AM »
Me and 6 of my friends from highschool(now located in Germany, Louisiana, DC, Oregon, Rhode Island and Texas) all get together for movie nite on mirc where we all watcdh a movie simultaneously. Last night was a double feature:

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2010, 03:11:38 PM »
The first film was called Fatal, and the second was Games? Or did you watch it twice?

Paul DePhiladelphia

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2010, 09:25:44 PM »
hmmm it worked this morning:

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2010, 10:31:06 PM »

I've been hearing some negative buzz, but I'm tempted to ignore all reasonable advice and see it anyway.

I think the only good thing i heard about that movie was Michael Shannon's performance as Kim Fowley.

That trailer really made me cringe with that line about "having a chance to tear the world apart".

citizenlewis

• Policemans heel
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2010, 10:01:26 PM »
Mike-
On a scale of one to ten how heartwarming did you find Toy Story 3-D?

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2010, 02:36:18 AM »
Two words "Sweet Movie".

Paul DePhiladelphia

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2010, 10:18:24 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGKIbAi1k

Kristin Stewart is so dumb. I'm glad she brought the pot-head girl we all hated in highschool to the mainstream. We all want to her awkward usage of "man" and fidgety-pseudo-cool again.

Sarah

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2010, 07:13:41 AM »
I don't believe I approve of Dakota Fanning growing up.

Also, say what you will, Kristen Stewart has great eyebrows.