Author Topic: Zamperla USA named the new amusement park operator for Coney Island  (Read 3914 times)

HaroldBlvd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Zamperla USA named the new amusement park operator for Coney Island
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 02:12:08 AM »
Hey Harold it's Nicole from next door. Glad to hear they got an operator. You think these guys will do a good job?
I was psyched to hear you call and talk to Wally on Tuesday!

Hi Nicole! Yes, I think they will do fine. I was at a Save Coney Island meeting tonight in Coney, and I was told that Zamperla will be using Coney Island to showcase it's latest rides. Amusement owners from all over the world will come to Coney to see the latest rides in action.
This means the freshest and best rides will come to Coney.
This was the deal they used to have at Palisades Amusement Park in NJ. Rides manufacturers used to show off their newest rides at this fabled NJ amusement park.

Harold, great job keeping us abreast of developments for Coney. Older generations of my family lived on Mermaid Ave back in the day, and it will be nice to have pictures to show them since they remember the blight of the last three decades most vividly.

I just wish the people under the rollercoaster were still there. Now THAT is a New York story.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYihUUA7amE[/youtube]

They were my family. That's my Cousin Fred and his girlfriend Mae. They lived under the Roller Coaster and every time the ride roared above them and shook their house they just thought of the cash register ringing.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 04:34:34 PM »
My main concern is that The Warriors will still have a place to live.

And that baseball gang.
The Furies (the baseball gang) don't live in Coney Island, you Deno(Wonder Wheel)dummy!

Don't eff with "The Cros."
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

nicole

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 05:23:21 PM »
I'm so glad you are happy with the outcome. I know how much work and energy you have put into this cause.