Author Topic: 75 jazz records / vinyl for cheap or trade  (Read 3682 times)

nicole

• Plantar Fasciitis
75 jazz records / vinyl for cheap or trade
« on: January 21, 2010, 05:06:41 PM »
I have a collection of jazz records I am looking to sell. It is about 75 records in total, all in good condition. I don't expect to get a lot for them, but just want to move them along to someone who wants them. Here is a list of some of the artists in this collection:

Charlie Byrd Mingus Miles Davis Newport Jazz Thelonious Monk Charlie Parker Count Basie Herbie Hancock Buddy Rich Dave Brubeck Herbie Mann Pat Metheny Gene Krupa Trini Lopez Cannonball Adderley Keith Jarrett Wes Montgomery Dizzie Gillespie Sonny Rollins

It's a lot of stuff! I am in Greenpoint Brooklyn for pick up. I am also open to trade for other records. Any thoughts guys?
Thanks for reading. xo Nicole Best Show for Life

Gilly

• Space Champion!
Re: 75 jazz records / vinyl for cheap or trade
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 01:09:34 PM »
Do you have Black Saint? Any Alice Coltrane? I'm interested in this in the future if you don't sell it. I don't have money right now but I'm sure there is some stuff in there that I've been looking for. I'm in Minneapolis though if you aren't willing to ship, and it is going to be a couple months probably. But, if you still have these laying around then and you're ok with shipping them out I'm definitely interested.

nicole

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 01:27:16 PM »
So funny you ask that. Black Saint and the Sinner Lady is exactly the only record from this collection I am keeping. Oops. Don't think there is any Alice Coltrane. I'll check over the weekend...

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 02:10:02 PM »
So funny you ask that. Black Saint and the Sinner Lady is exactly the only record from this collection I am keeping. Oops. Don't think there is any Alice Coltrane. I'll check over the weekend...
I believe Gilly was talking about the label named Black Saint.

Right, Gilly?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

nicole

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 03:34:43 PM »
Hmm if so I'm pretty sure nothing I have is on Black Saint. Definitely no Zorn.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 04:21:22 PM »
Hmm if so I'm pretty sure nothing I have is on Black Saint. Definitely no Zorn.

I don't think Zorn is on Black Saint  more like David Murray, Jimmy Lyons, Anthony Braxton et al.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 04:58:32 PM »
No, definitely Black Saint and the Sinner Lady. One of my favorite records of all time. I've been looking for a good copy of that and Ptah El Daoud at a reasonable price for awhile.

nicole

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 05:00:54 PM »
I got my copy on GEMM a while back for a reasonable price.
Pretty sure Zorn was on the Black Saint label at some point. Why do I know that???