Author Topic: Herzog question for Mike or anybody really  (Read 4231 times)

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
Herzog question for Mike or anybody really
« on: March 15, 2010, 03:03:59 AM »
Does anybody know that weird hillbilly harmonica blues song that's used in Stozek and Bad Lieutenant?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: Herzog question for Mike or anybody really
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 09:15:53 AM »
Does anybody know that weird hillbilly harmonica blues song that's used in Stozek and Bad Lieutenant?

It sounds like Sonny Terry and Brownie McGee to me. However, I have not seen the movie.

Ask Forestian. 

Forest!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 10:15:05 PM »

It sounds like Sonny Terry and Brownie McGee to me. However, I have not seen the movie.

Ask Forestian. 

Forest!

That old conundrum: If an obscure blues song is on the soundtrack and Fredericks is not in the theater, does he hear it?
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 10:52:59 PM »

Ask Forestian. 

Forest!

That old conundrum: If an obscure blues song is on the soundtrack and Fredericks is not in the theater, does he hear it?

From the "Pedia:   The film ends with a sequence to the harmonica music of Sonny Terry, which shows a chicken dancing, a duck playing a bass drum and a rabbit riding a toy fire truck, in coin operated attractions that Bruno activated on his way to the ski-lift.

The answer is YES!  Unless it's the wrong song.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

NJL

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 11:30:09 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuyaf5YBGh8[/youtube] Ft. Pete Seeger

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 08:08:43 AM »

This it, Luther?

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 07:00:17 PM »

This it, Luther?

Yeah that's it thanks man. I've never even heard of that blues guy.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 02:41:04 PM »
Sonny Terry's album called "Whoopin'" is highly recommended if you like that kind of thing.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Ojingeo

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 07:16:34 PM »
Oh! This is so awesome! Thank you! Herzog mentioned in passing in the directors commentary who this guy was--but I never followed up. That was several years ago when I was fanatically obsessed with Stroszek.

btw, fonpr. Did you know that you are now in Google autocomplete? You are officially famous (or more famous), according to Google. I was searching you because I have never heard the infamous Christmas-tree burning call. Do you happen to know which episode that was?

And I officially think you should be caller of the year. Last Tuesday clinched it, I think. You are a true and good weirdo who has infiltrated the best show, and I salute you!

Here is some salutation music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkfJ5ZBA688
I can hear you judging me.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 07:58:40 PM »

btw, fonpr. Did you know that you are now in Google autocomplete? You are officially famous (or more famous), according to Google. I was searching you because I have never heard the infamous Christmas-tree burning call. Do you happen to know which episode that was?

And I officially think you should be caller of the year. Last Tuesday clinched it, I think. You are a true and good weirdo who has infiltrated the best show, and I salute you!

What the hell are you talking about?

Auto-complete if you type what?

I don't know what show you are asking about.  I haven't burned a christmas tree on the air (yet, right Tom?).  (See premium).

November 2008 would be a semi-educated guess.

NJL

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 08:11:26 PM »
What he means, I'm pretty sure, is that if you type "Fredericks of N" into Google "Fredericks of New Port Richey" shows up right under "Fredericks of New York" and above "Fredericks of Niagara".

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 08:24:07 PM »
Oh! This is so awesome! Thank you! Herzog mentioned in passing in the directors commentary who this guy was--but I never followed up. That was several years ago when I was fanatically obsessed with Stroszek.

I am half Irish.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 09:46:27 PM »
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Ojingeo

• Achilles bursitis
I can hear you judging me.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 01:07:43 PM »

Finally, I can stop wondering what it would look like if a dude whooped a sheep's ass then played a song with it.