Author Topic: A Prophet  (Read 2495 times)

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
A Prophet
« on: March 28, 2010, 01:34:08 AM »
Anybody see this yet? I've got to say it was a pretty awesome movie. Also got to echo what I've heard others say expect a Criterion release in a year or two.

Martin

• Space Champion!
Re: A Prophet
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 02:36:32 AM »
Top-something-or-other of 2009, mos def.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 08:47:33 AM »
Is the movie about Khalil Gibran?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 09:36:19 AM »
Saw it last night.  Very tense. One of the best non-TV crime dramas in a while. Some of the reviews were overheated, but you probably already guessed that. 

orator

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 10:18:36 AM »
great, great movie
"Come partake of my fruit baskets."

Andy from Atlanta

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 02:36:09 PM »
It just opened here in Atlanta about a week ago. Unfortunately, it's at the art theatre that charges an arm & a leg for a ticket. Mother also just opened here - anybody see that yet? I'm debating which one to throw my money at.
"The absence of limitations is the enemy of art."
— Orson Welles

crumbum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 05:10:24 PM »
It just opened here in Atlanta about a week ago. Unfortunately, it's at the art theatre that charges an arm & a leg for a ticket. Mother also just opened here - anybody see that yet? I'm debating which one to throw my money at.

I liked A Prophet better than Mother, but that may be because my expectations were insanely high for the latter (The Host being one of the best movies of the last decade in my opinion). Mother is very good and unexpectedly moving, but a little long and meandering at times. By all means see both if you can -- they each kick the ass of just about everything else in theaters right now.

Jason

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 05:41:05 PM »
I liked it, but it didn't live up to the hype.