Author Topic: The Departed  (Read 1615 times)

Tim K in DC

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
The Departed
« on: March 18, 2007, 07:23:59 AM »
just may be the worst fucking movie in the history of film. Nicholson's approximation of Whitey Bulger was great, but, holy shit, I have honestly never felt so mercilessly robbed of two hours and 31 minutes of precious pre-dawn time as I do right now. I don't even know where to begin. The forced Boston accents should have been the tipoff; I could have simply pushed the stop button after the third or fourth dropped R and drank myself to sleep. But no. I hung in there and paid more dearly than I would have if I had spent the night gacked up on bad coke. I got the movie from Netflix, but I still want my money back. Fuck Martin Scorcese. Think about the time involved: two hours and 31 minutes. Where was the fucking editor? Just about everybody dies and I didn't give a shit. The story at first attempts to tread into the nasty, intriguing relationship between Whitey, the Irish mob, the Rhode Island Mafia, the FBI, and the Massachusetts state police (maybe there will be a day when someone has the balls to do the real story as documented in the fine book Black Mass), but it rapidly devolves into a dumb race-of-the-rats (which of course includes a parallel love interest), to wit, Damon vs. DiCaprio. The story drags. The "plot twists" are forced. The attempts at portraying Boston's culture and parlance are offensive at best. Er ah, this flick sucked.   
- Killing FOT threads dead since July 24, 2006 -