Author Topic: Guest Suggestions: Edith Frost  (Read 2247 times)

ben

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Guest Suggestions: Edith Frost
« on: April 22, 2010, 02:51:18 AM »
She's really funny and talented, has good stories both in and outside of the music industry, and has collaborated/performed with some really interesting people.  And she hasn't released an album for 5 years, people need to hear her music again!
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
Re: Guest Suggestions: Edith Frost
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 12:46:36 AM »
I didn't know who this was so i looked her up and the initial bad "bangs" and all denim outfits had me skeptical but the music was pretty great. I don't know how she would be a good guest on the Best Show though. Is she funny?

oilcantim

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 11:01:25 PM »
I second or third this depending on whether Luther Blissett's post counts as a seconding!  (I would prefer to second it, because thirding isn't a real thing.)

I saw her open for that Cat Power lady, and she was great.  And as mentioned, very funny.  She has good guest written all over her.

Pidgeon

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 12:00:04 AM »
Sounds like great "Driving in rural North Carolina in winter" music for me.

ben

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 02:38:24 AM »
Sounds like great "Driving in rural North Carolina in winter" music for me.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?  I hope it's good!
I've never been to North Carolina.  

You can get her lp, cd, or mp3 for wonder wonder from 2001 for 8 bucks from Drag City now though.  She released one album after this, in 2005, but that has been it.  (She has a couple albums and a single and some eps before that.)  

http://www.dragcity.com/products/wonder-wonder
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.