Author Topic: Depravity's Rainbow returns!  (Read 34036 times)

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Depravity's Rainbow returns!
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2011, 09:39:46 PM »
Wasn't mentioned last night, but this scene from The Life Aquatic always gets me

Also at the end of The Royal Tenenbaums when Stiller and Hackman are in the ambulance at the end and after the car crash when Stiller says "It's been a rough year dad."

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2011, 11:37:11 PM »
The Life Aquatic also had me in tears. That I rented it! BOING!
See God, Kai

Kris K

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 06:52:37 PM »
The Life Aquatic also had me in tears. That I rented it! BOING!

Ouch, now I'm in tears again.  ;D

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2011, 10:13:03 AM »
Mike, the movie you were trying to remember with James Mason popping pills is Bigger than Life, directed not by Nicholas Roeg but Nicholas Ray.

Book that made me cry my friggin' guts out: Shot in the Heart by Mikal Gilmore.  Family memoir by Gary's little brother.  At the end?  Big, racking sobs.  Projectile tears.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

wood and iron

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2011, 11:15:24 AM »
I know the show had huge glaring flaws and was pretty damn corny but the ending of Six Feet Under gets me every time. I think it's the combination of the song by Sia and I really react to stories where we see a person or group of people's entire life played out.

Six Feet Under Last Episode

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2011, 03:01:20 PM »
I know the show had huge glaring flaws and was pretty damn corny but the ending of Six Feet Under gets me every time. I think it's the combination of the song by Sia and I really react to stories where we see a person or group of people's entire life played out.

I now have fond memories of Six Feet Under, but when I was watching it I remember it feeling like such a slog.  The kidnapping and the end of the Lisa storyline were just so drawn-out and brutal.

I do - to some extent - agree with the people who say the last 6 minutes or so makes up for all that.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Pregnant Pause

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2011, 08:32:52 AM »
The last movie I cried at was Bridge to Terabithia, which I watched while babysitting my nine year old niece, who of course sat there completely stonefaced through the entire movie. 

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 08:52:57 AM »
CHAAAAAAMP! CHAAAAAAMP!

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 09:16:18 PM »
The last thing that made me teary was Don Draper's presentation to Kodak in the last episode of season 1 of Mad Men. It got to me when I first watched it during the original run, but I just saw it again last week since my wife's watching on Netflix Instant and, if anything, it hit me even harder the second time.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2011, 07:58:35 AM »

I now have fond memories of Six Feet Under, but when I was watching it I remember it feeling like such a slog.  The kidnapping and the end of the Lisa storyline were just so drawn-out and brutal.

I do - to some extent - agree with the people who say the last 6 minutes or so makes up for all that.

I don't know if there is a show where I didn't tear up at the finale(The Office, Extras, Larry Sanders, The Wire, Friday Night Lights...). Except for shows that are cancelled when I cry for a whole different reason. Or Curb Your Enthusiasm where I cry because it continues to air.

Kris K

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2011, 07:28:15 PM »
The last thing that made me teary was Don Draper's presentation to Kodak in the last episode of season 1 of Mad Men. It got to me when I first watched it during the original run, but I just saw it again last week since my wife's watching on Netflix Instant and, if anything, it hit me even harder the second time.

Yes! Love this scene so much. Totally blind-sided me as it is a slight departure from the usual tone of the show. Had to YouTube it, and was surprised AMC did not have it taken down:

Mad Men - The Carousel (Higher Quality)

EM Painter

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2011, 05:08:57 PM »
Henry Blake episode of MASH

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2011, 08:26:09 AM »
"Hey, Mike. You like gum?"

"MEEEEOW!"
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2011, 09:06:55 AM »
"Hey, Mike ... You like Sandwiches?"

"What's Yer Top Five Sandwiches?"

"BORRRRRRRING!"
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2011, 09:22:18 AM »
Will there be an archive up soon?