Author Topic: Apologist Thread  (Read 57186 times)

Dorvid Barnas

Re: Apologist Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 10:22:55 PM »
This thread, the last Wilco album, toilet talk.

Richard_From_CHI

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 10:26:06 PM »
I like the Police. Although Synchronicity sucked.

Richard_From_CHI

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 10:26:59 PM »
I LOVE Harry Potter.

I didn't care for the McFlurry.

I don't like Toblerone.

mywhitedevil

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 10:29:52 PM »
I own and enjoy Bitches Brew.

Jarno

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2007, 03:35:17 PM »
I own and enjoy Bitches Brew.

Bitches Brew is great, just like countless other jazz records and pretty much every Al Green record from the 70's in my opinion
Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Tim K in DC

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2007, 04:25:06 AM »
I liked Super Troopers and somewhat liked Club Dread. Why Broken Lizard even bothered involvement with The Dukes Of Hazard since none of their talent got a fair shake in it is beyond me, but they aren't just churning out pure shit. I'm still rooting for them.
- Killing FOT threads dead since July 24, 2006 -

Eric

• Policemans heel
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 08:26:31 PM »
Hockey is my favorite sport (tho i still laugh when Tom makes fun of it),

I'm also a dirty carnivore. Never heard Tom mention Broken Lizard but I like "Super Troopers" quite a bit. I vaguely remember Tom hating "Batman Begins" which I love. I guess it does take itself a bit seriously but I was pretty amazed by it. I dare say it's one of the best movies I've seen of recent.  :o

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2007, 01:18:08 PM »
I also love stick skating.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Laurie

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2007, 01:42:03 PM »
I also love stick skating.

It lacks spangles. I don't like it.

I have, like, 12 hours of figure skating on my TiFaux. I hope Kimmie Meissner falls. I hate that bitch.

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2007, 09:57:08 PM »

1.  WWE -- it's the theater of the absurd, literally.  I can even be entertained by the ridiculousness of it for up to 25 minutes sometimes.

2.  This radio station that I heard my cabbie playing on the radio when I was in Vegas recently.  http://www.kjul1047.com   Truly old school Vegas, truly awfulsome. 

3.  Defending our civil liberties (I'm being completely serious now -- nothing awfulsome about that).

Amplituden

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2007, 10:33:18 PM »
I like those Christopher Guest movies. 

They always make me laugh, perhaps they aren't the most amazing thing ever.

I have watched them all in the theatre.
A poor man's Bronson Pinchot.

bobby.

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2007, 10:58:06 AM »
I loved Pan's Labyrinth..
BEST SHOW: EXERCISE AND EATING WELL

Sploops

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2007, 10:10:39 PM »
I vaguely remember Tom saying that The Life Aquatic was Wes Andersen's best movie.  whuuuuuut?! ???
I'm sorry but that movie was a dud.  Rushmore was/is/and shall always be Anderson's best work.  I love that movie.

jed

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2007, 11:09:00 PM »
I vaguely remember Tom saying that The Life Aquatic was Wes Andersen's best movie.  whuuuuuut?! ???
I'm sorry but that movie was a dud.  Rushmore was/is/and shall always be Anderson's best work.  I love that movie.

Everytime I watch Bottlerocket it gets closer to overtaking Rushmore as my favorite. I think after watching The Life Aquatic and thinking "Huh. That wasn't as good as I'd hoped it'd be. It seemed a little over-done compared to the other ones" I was set on a reverse trajectory that puts Bottlerocket on top.
"My president is going to be one half Don West, one half the singer from Venom, thank you very much, good day sir!"

Jixby Phillips

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2007, 05:28:07 AM »
I enjoy Todd Solondz movies, though calling them science-fiction is fair.

I like Waiting for Guffman and Best in Show. A Mighty Wind stinks, the other one i haven't bothered with yet.

I used to be really big on Fight Club, but grew to hate it long before I discovered Tom. I blame being in the 11th grade when I first saw it on my liking it.

Another thing I can blame on high-school: Kevin Smith. I was in the 9th grade when I saw his first three movies. I genuinely like Clerks still (though I'd probably not like it so much if I saw it now for the first time), and sometimes I can still enjoy Chasing Amy. I have a LOT of Kevin Smith stuff, and I still kinda keep up with him, kinda for the same perverse reason Tom does. My parents got me Clerks 2 on DVD, and I wound up watching everything on the DVD. Liking him is so ingrained into my system, I can't help but like him a LITTLE. I do hate him also; Dogma and Jay & Silent Bob Strikes Back are maybe the two worst movies I own. I pretty much agree with every negative thing Tom says about him, but I can't wash my hands of him completely.

If I'm with Kevin Smith fans, I become the biggest anti-Kevin Smith guy in the room. And they can never accuse me of not knowing the work that well. I'm always the guy whos logged the most Kevin Smith hours when we argue.