Author Topic: census workers!  (Read 2082 times)

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
census workers!
« on: June 04, 2010, 12:20:17 AM »
I stopped at Starbucks on my way out of town last weekend, and there were census workers taking up TWO tables, having pushed them together to accommodate their round table discussion.  There were at least 10 of them, and not one Starbucks purchase could be seen on the table, NOT ONE!  Sickening.  I love little Best Show moments like these.
Your vigor for life appalls me.

DoodleJump!

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: census workers!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 12:18:05 PM »
I guffawed loudly and drew looks of consternation when, during our district census meeting, a lady suggested we start meeting in PANERA. I met with my leader afterward and told her we must avoid this at all costs. She agreed.
"Enough with the bandana, already." -Trace Atkins to Donald Trump

robertc

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 08:07:59 PM »
During last weekends thrift-store crawl I noticed that every store had at least a handful of 2010 census hats. The shame is palpable.

Jixby Phillips

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 06:19:44 PM »
I was in the pool

Jixby Phillips

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 06:26:05 PM »
I only wanted to get my avatar working again. rip suburbanalcuts.com

my heart was broken when I applied to be a census worker and I got a phone call basically telling me they were canceling the entry exam session I was supposed to go to because they simply already had enough people apply already. Luckily I got a job working at a famous cave run by racists instead.

Now I post on this message board for a living! Isn't that great?

Sarah

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 07:31:07 AM »
There are worse fates.

it'sdevin

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 05:15:58 PM »
As a fellow census worker, I am happy to report that, in Wilmington, NC, our census office rented out meeting rooms to hold training sessions. And our crew leader actually has an office!! And the one time I met a fellow census worker at an eating establishment, I actually BOUGHT SOMETHING. I hope other census offices will follow our example.

DoodleJump!

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 08:49:12 PM »
As a fellow census worker, I am happy to report that, in Wilmington, NC, our census office rented out meeting rooms to hold training sessions. And our crew leader actually has an office!! And the one time I met a fellow census worker at an eating establishment, I actually BOUGHT SOMETHING. I hope other census offices will follow our example.
Woot woot, Devin! You and me both, kid.
"Enough with the bandana, already." -Trace Atkins to Donald Trump

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 03:31:01 PM »
i applied to be a census worker, skip the exam because i was having a bad day+it was raining.  they called me for a week, begging me to apply for the job. 

listen, i love memphis- midtown, memphis- but i'm no dummy; you couldn't pay me enough to send me out into the field aka "the hood" (which they were going to do) to count heads.