Author Topic: Best Show Podcast help needed  (Read 4738 times)

daveM

• Plantar Fasciitis
Best Show Podcast help needed
« on: August 05, 2006, 01:10:36 PM »
Just returned from a lengthy trip and was looking forward to finding some podcasts on my itunes so i can catch up...No new ones are there, and I guess the way Itunes works, they haven't been saved.

Maybe, if an old  archive show from 5/21/02 was the last one put up, then itunes only makes the most recent 'cast available (if this was common knowledge, then apologies for my slowness)

So, is there any way I can download the mp3s of the shows that aired in July?  I thought at one time, the kind fellow who does the podcast had a link to a site with an old archive show, and there were recent podcasts available for the download there, as well.

If that is the case, I'd so appreciate a link.

thanks!!

Jason

Re: Best Show Podcast help needed
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 02:39:09 PM »

bookem_dan-o

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 10:43:44 PM »
Just returned from a lengthy trip and was looking forward to finding some podcasts on my itunes so i can catch up...No new ones are there, and I guess the way Itunes works, they haven't been saved.

Maybe, if an old  archive show from 5/21/02 was the last one put up, then itunes only makes the most recent 'cast available (if this was common knowledge, then apologies for my slowness)

So, is there any way I can download the mp3s of the shows that aired in July?  I thought at one time, the kind fellow who does the podcast had a link to a site with an old archive show, and there were recent podcasts available for the download there, as well.

If that is the case, I'd so appreciate a link.

thanks!!

I keep the archives of the podcasts here:

(url deleted at the request of the RIAA....)

If you're really desperate, you can often download the latest podcast from here before it goes up on the FMU feed.

bookem_dan-o

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 10:47:39 PM »

Funny you should mention this, because before I saw your post, I noticed that iTunes is sorting the Best Show podcasts in alphabetical order (instead of "Date Released"), so every time a "Best Of" podcast gets posted to the feed, it shows up at the *bottom* of the list of podcasts, which makes you think that a new one hasn't been posted (and in my case, iTunes won't even download it, because I have it set to only download the most "recent" podcasts).

I did some checkin' around, and it turns out it's a bug in the FMU podcasting robot.