Author Topic: Rookie of The Year = Madden Cover Photo = Curse?  (Read 1529 times)

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
Rookie of The Year = Madden Cover Photo = Curse?
« on: February 17, 2011, 08:36:54 AM »
Just wondering what has happened to former Rookie of the Years. There seem to be at least a couple who have since turfed out.

Answer my question!

PS - for non sports people there is a long running theory that the football player placed on the cover for the "Madden NFL" yearly video game release almost always ends up injured. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_NFL#Madden_Curse)

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
Re: Rookie of The Year = Madden Cover Photo = Curse?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 08:59:26 AM »
I thought you meant Best Show Rookies of the Year.  I was going to mention that Eddy recently called in for the first time in years. It was not nearly as magical as his Wonderama call from several years ago, but it was still good to hear his voice.

I don't know no sports.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 02:30:40 PM »
I thought you meant Best Show Rookies of the Year.  I was going to mention that Eddy recently called in for the first time in years. It was not nearly as magical as his Wonderama call from several years ago, but it was still good to hear his voice.

I don't know no sports.

I believe he was talking about best show rookie of the year, likening it to the madden curse.

am i right senor?
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 04:54:07 PM »
Steve in NoHo is a past winner, and seems to be doing well!
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"