Author Topic: Best Show love in Pitchfork.  (Read 7931 times)

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
Best Show love in Pitchfork.
« on: August 03, 2006, 08:39:54 AM »
From an interview with Daniel Smith in Pitchfork's wrap-up of Day 2 of their little festival thing:

Pitchfork: What have you been listening to lately? Any new bands that aren't getting their due?

DS: Well, some Sounds Familyre bands, but I don't want to turn it into a club. Just friends of mine we've been recording-- this couple from New Jersey, Ben and Vesper, that we're super excited about. I just finished mixing their EP. But you know what we've been listening to a lot? It's this comedy show on WFMU.

Pitchfork: Oh, [Tom] Scharpling? Yeah, he is truly amazing.

DS: We're addicted to that stuff! My little brother Andrew was calling into his show, and then we started calling in a little bit, you know, because we're kind of local, and Scharpling started plugging our shows and stuff. Even this week, he's been playing our stuff. He's really cool. We do the Scharpling & Wurster podcast each week-- we've got Internet in the van.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Jason

Re: Best Show love in Pitchfork.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 09:23:36 AM »
This means the Best Show isn't cool anymore.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 10:31:37 AM »
I always thought I detected a distinct Arcade Fire influence on Von Scharpling.

Tyrannosaurus Rocks

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 10:48:12 AM »
We were here before them.

We will be here after them.

We are the FOT.
Who ever heard of a dinosaur with a head full of grease and an out of tune guitar?

x amount

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 04:26:06 PM »
We do the Scharpling & Wurster podcast each week-- we've got Internet in the van.

Isn't this the real issue though?  The Danielson Famile is out there travelling around in a tricked out Internet-enabled van.  HOTT.

shotzi

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 07:06:59 PM »
We do the Scharpling & Wurster podcast each week-- we've got Internet in the van.

Isn't this the real issue though?  The Danielson Famile is out there travelling around in a tricked out Internet-enabled van.  HOTT.

I bet Pitchfork doesn't have an FOT card in their wallet.

Jordan Michael

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 01:44:20 PM »
Pitchfork is rediculous.