Author Topic: Hello from Kansas City, MO  (Read 3966 times)

ange

• Plantar Fasciitis
Hello from Kansas City, MO
« on: November 28, 2010, 10:28:19 PM »
Just moved here!

Don't hate me for loving Seven Second Delay with Ken and Andy, too.

Any other FOT's in the hood?

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
Re: Hello from Kansas City, MO
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 12:44:15 AM »
I sometimes live in Columbia, Missouri.  Not quite the hood, but closer than most.

ange

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 01:14:15 AM »
Ohh... meetcha in Concordia, MO for a FOT listening party sometime?  I bet we could round up more folks...

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 04:17:46 PM »
We can dream.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 07:02:25 PM »
Hey Hugman, and other Mizzoulians, did you see this (shameless self-promotion)?

http://gaughin.edublogs.org/2010/11/29/missouri-yes-missouri-is-the-best-team-in-the-country/

spacepope

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 02:18:44 AM »
I am in Lawrence. Not many FOT in the area. I think there's a few in Kansas City, but I am only friends with one who is not active on the board. She lives in Topeka.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 03:48:29 AM »

http://gaughin.edublogs.org/2010/11/29/missouri-yes-missouri-is-the-best-team-in-the-country/

I had not seen this, Dave, but all of a sudden I have a newfound respect for your mathematical emotionless points systems. How did this last week affect things? My completely unscientific method of ranking teams says that Missouri has been too inconsistent to be a great team, but they're very good.

Also, be careful praising Mizzou in a Kansas City-centric thread. They tend to lean a bit more toward Lawrence.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 05:44:59 AM »

I had not seen this, Dave, but all of a sudden I have a newfound respect for your mathematical emotionless points systems. How did this last week affect things? My completely unscientific method of ranking teams says that Missouri has been too inconsistent to be a great team, but they're very good.

Also, be careful praising Mizzou in a Kansas City-centric thread. They tend to lean a bit more toward Lawrence.

Maybe, Hugman, but surely NO ONE supports the University of Kansas football team. Do they? It would be like supporting Vanderbilt, and there's only one fool with that level of despair-wish. I could actually do a similar post about why Kansas is worse than Louisiana Monroe. Or Minnesota. Or Arkansas State. Or Western Michigan. Or Army. And I could go on.

Also, that post was up to date through Saturday's games.

I have a cousin in Kansas City, but I haven't spoken to him in at least 35 years. Look him up for me! Freddie Taylor, retired truck driver. He may still be doing event photography.

ange

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 08:02:02 PM »
I am going to try to woo you all into a meetup next year then.... and all of your long lost cousins too.  I just moved here and want to bring a WFMU feeling to this area.  Let's DOOOOO it!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 10:18:20 PM »
I just watched Winter's Bone. Praying it's not a good global representation of Missouri.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 12:50:13 PM »
I just watched Winter's Bone. Praying it's not a good global representation of Missouri.

I watched that while I was back in Missouri last week.  Wife and I were gonna go to a shooting range the next day, but we never made it.