Author Topic: A beginner's guide to TBSOWFMU  (Read 2898 times)

stevend

• Plantar Fasciitis
A beginner's guide to TBSOWFMU
« on: December 02, 2010, 04:20:50 AM »
Hi everyone. I really like the Best Show, but I slowly got into it over a few years. I know that doesn't seem to make much sense, but it took a while for the greatness to sink in. How would you suggest I get my friends into Newbridge's finest? Philly Boy Roy? The Gorch? I don't know where to start! Thanks!

Bryan

• Space Champion!
Re: A beginner's guide to TBSOWFMU
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 06:09:12 AM »
I think there's a substantial thread along these lines somewhere around here... Can anyone else point in the right direction?

In any case, I'd say the Stereolaffs CDs are a good place to start. But yeah, I agree, it does take a while to figure out how the show works.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 07:57:27 AM »
Best Show Gems!
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 09:35:58 AM »
Hi everyone. I really like the Best Show, but I slowly got into it over a few years. I know that doesn't seem to make much sense, but it took a while for the greatness to sink in. How would you suggest I get my friends into Newbridge's finest? Philly Boy Roy? The Gorch? I don't know where to start! Thanks!

Your friends got to ease in, or their experience will be diminsihed. You got to buy the glass of wine before the climax!

What am I, Larry the Perv?

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 12:58:58 PM »
Tailor your selections to their interests. Allow me to explain.  Are they H. John Benjamin fans? Direct them to the Smirnoff Ice Best Show Gems podcast.  Are they fans of sir Zach Galifianakis?  The Seth Galifianakis episode is a must listen then.  Are they into punk? The Michael Jackson and Bernie Taupin gems are right up their alley.  Educated music snobs? The Music Scholar on the Chainfights cd is a wonderful place to start (that was the first Scharpling and Wurster bit I ever heard). I also think Kid Ebay from Hippy Justice and the archive show wherein Matt Walsh talks about his Hawaiian Comedy Central Special (a call that also features Horatio Sanz and H. John Benjamin as well) are awesome introductions to the show. If they like to laugh at stupid people, then maybe the famous Gathering of the Juggalos episode is the way to go. I think you get the idea.

A word of warning. The pace of the show tends to scare off a lot of people as most seem to have the attention span of a moth with ADD these days.