Author Topic: "Steve Martin audience offered full refund after his event was too boring"  (Read 5420 times)

Emily

• Space Champion!
Re: "Steve Martin audience offered full refund after his event was too boring"
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2010, 03:06:45 PM »
that's a good comment!

Here's an interesting article written by someone who ACTUALLY went to the event:
http://emdashes.com/2010/12/more-on-martin-and-solomon-and.php

Love these comments:
"So two rich assholes put on a crappy interview for their wealthy
audience and someone’s monocle popped out.
Who give a shit?"

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2010, 07:04:15 PM »
On the other hand, I'm pretty much in favor of Rick Moranis' country music career.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but what I've heard is actually not half bad.

Yeah, it's not bad.  Kind of a fun listen, in fact. 
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2010, 07:12:38 PM »
I usually loathe those 'the book was better' whiners, but I will say that the Fletch character is WAY cooler in the books, and what you see in the movie is basically Chevy Chase being Chevy Chase. I enjoyed that movie well enough at the time, and we all quoted lines constantly for several months but I can't imagine I'd really be able to sit through it now. All the other guys in the movie are basically there for Chevy to bounce jokes and insults off of.

FLETCH (the movie) still holds up.  It's been years since I read the books but I remember thinking the movie was a pretty faithful adaptation, albeit a little more on the slapstick side.  Then again I also saw the movie before I got into the books.

I'd be interested to see some kind of FLETCH reimagining.  Maybe a TV show.
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri