Poll

Hero, villain, or something in between?

Hero
Something in between
Villain

Author Topic: Julian Assange  (Read 12989 times)

Pidgeon

Re: Julian Assange
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2010, 12:43:44 AM »
I love how he dresses like Ryan from The Office. It's just perfect.

Sarah

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2010, 08:44:44 AM »

SJK

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2010, 09:04:59 AM »
Ugh. This guy doesn't need the government to ruin his credibility, he's doing ok on his own. I'm having difficulty equating Wikileaks and it's "message/good intentions"(?!) with their unfortunate choice of "lighting rod/frontman".

That picture is making me sick.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2010, 09:16:43 AM »
A comment on BoingBoing:

No question that the guy is a douche. But the US is starting to stink and could use a good douche right now, if you know what I mean.

I do know what you mean, Xenu!
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

mahgeetah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2010, 09:33:43 AM »
The US government vs. Julian Assange vs. Amazon/Visa/etc vs. Anonymous

Four-way tie for last?

I'm in my late 50's.

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2010, 10:25:35 AM »
I knew Assange reminded me of somebody...

Sarah

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2010, 10:52:22 AM »
No matter what, though, I and others in my family feel a special kinship with Assange because his last name rhymes with ours.  Dumb, I know; still, allegiances have been formed on lesser bases. 

Smelodies

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2012, 09:53:37 PM »
You think this dude's days are numbered?

"Today we've received a threat by the United Kingdom, a clear and written threat that they could storm our embassy in London if Ecuador refuses to hand in Julian Assange," Ecuadorean Foreign Minister Ricardo Patino told reporters.

"We are not a British colony," he added in an angry statement after a meeting with President Rafael Correa.

Ecuador will announce its decision regarding Assange's asylum request on Thursday at 7 a.m. (1200 GMT), he added, amid media speculation that the government has already decided to grant Assange asylum.

Former computer hacker Assange, who enraged Washington in 2010 when his WikiLeaks website published secret U.S. diplomatic cables, is wanted in Sweden to face trial for rape.

Assange has been taking refuge in the Ecuadorean embassy in London since June 19. The Australian anti-secrecy campaigner says he fears he could be bundled to the United States where his life would be at risk.

Even if Ecuador gives him asylum, it is difficult to see how the WikiLeaks boss could physically leave the closely watched embassy and head to an airport without being arrested by British police.

Smelodies

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2016, 08:44:46 AM »