Author Topic: __ would be a great guest on the Best Show  (Read 25221 times)

John Junk

Re: ...would be a great guest on the Best Show
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 05:27:53 PM »
Queen Elizabeth

moonshake

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 05:51:35 PM »
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

Jixby Phillips

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 06:35:48 PM »
a baby!

Emerson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 06:36:38 PM »
Werner.
"You said it. I didn't."

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 08:23:51 PM »
Sarah Silverman!   

..whatever happened to her?

ps: i posted this before i got to that jimmy kimmel impersonating larry king bit. just thought id mention that.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 08:34:39 PM »
Sarah Silverman!   

..whatever happened to her?

ps: i posted this before i got to that jimmy kimmel impersonating larry king bit. just thought id mention that.

She could actually be heard in the background during Tom's debacle with Sam Seder on 9/12/06:

"Sam Seder calls (starts at 2:00) after finally taking care of the tech issues, but it’s three minutes after his show ended. Sam knows that there is a lot of bitterness and resentment on Tom’s part by having to watch Sam’s career explode. Tom said it has exploded like the ill-fated Challenger. As part of the new lineup, Sam is moving to 9 a.m. - noon, the primetime of radio. He says that nobody cares about Tom's timeslot. He also wants to know why Tom couldn’t get his act together and execute the simulcast. Tom mocks his underling, and Sam says that they could hear what Tom was saying. Tom can hear him now because Sam is using his personal cell instead of the broken Air America equipment that will be repossessed tomorrow. Tom tells Sam this is why we won the election. Sam’s confused. Tom says that we just do it a little better than you guys.

Sam Seder's guest, Sarah Silverman, can be heard in the background: “Is he a Republican?” Seder confirms that Tom is a big-time Republican. Tom says he's a non-partisan who just votes on the issues. Sam says that is not unlike Joe Leiberman, but Tom doesn’t know who that is. Seder explains that he’s the Senator from Connecticut and questions whether WFMU follows current events. Tom says they can do sports and pop culture stuff."
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 10:42:39 AM »
"Savage" Steve Holland

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 12:01:03 PM »
Omar, you are like a living, breathing best show archive. I'm trying to find the word that describes your knowledge - I thought it might be tacit or explicit but i don't think that's what I'm looking for. Its the word that describes the body of knowledge that a person who has worked for a company or institution has accumulated about a subject or the company in general, over the years. Its the word that's used to describe the value and extent of their knowledge, and how this person is an asset, and once they leave or retire, how not all of that knowledge can be transferred to someone else. so i guess it's tacit, but you're able to articulate & convey it, so its not. whatever it is, it applies to you and your endless best show knowledge.

so, thanks for the Silverman reference.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 12:08:07 PM »
Omar, you are like a living, breathing best show archive. I'm trying to find the word that describes your knowledge - I thought it might be tacit or explicit but i don't think that's what I'm looking for. Its the word that describes the body of knowledge that a person who has worked for a company or institution has accumulated about a subject or the company in general, over the years. Its the word that's used to describe the value and extent of their knowledge, and how this person is an asset, and once they leave or retire, how not all of that knowledge can be transferred to someone else. so i guess it's tacit, but you're able to articulate & convey it, so its not. whatever it is, it applies to you and your endless best show knowledge.

"FOTpediac?"

Omar

• Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 12:10:29 PM »

"FOTpediac?"

FOTpediaphile.

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 12:58:28 PM »
How about just FOTaphile?

Sarah

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2007, 01:32:30 PM »
More at TBSOWFMUphile than a FOTaphile.  Not that I doubt your love for all FOT, Omar; I just think your expertise has to do with the show more than us FOT.

TBSOWFMUnicient? 

Omar

• Space Champion!
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2007, 01:39:15 PM »
More at TBSOWFMUphile than a FOTaphile.  Not that I doubt your love for all FOT, Omar; I just think your expertise has to do with the show more than us FOT.

TBSOWFMUnicient? 

I have extensive files on all FOT members.  I'm like The Others on Lost.  You may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with you.  You hear those chains rattlin'?  Look out, here comes the Smoke Monster.

Did everyone know that Sarah was once a fugitive on the run for setting a Western Maine erotic licorice stand on fire?

Richard_From_CHI

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 01:43:41 PM »
"Savage" Steve Holland

If only I was actually related to him

Richard Holland

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 01:45:22 PM »

TBSOWFMUnicient? 

I have extensive files on all FOT members.  I'm like The Others on Lost.  You may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with you.  You hear those chains rattlin'?  Look out, here comes the Smoke Monster.

Did everyone know that Sarah was once a fugitive on the run for setting a Western Maine erotic licorice stand on fire?

Yes, I did. But it was only because the stand blocked her view. You do not want to block Sarah's view.