Author Topic: youtube (Now inexplicably featuring 50 other video sites)  (Read 1172459 times)

Jason

Re: youtube
« Reply #300 on: July 16, 2007, 08:54:32 AM »
Are you saying the Jews didn't do 9-11? If so I'd like to see your proof.

http://jewsdid911.ytmnd.com/

Sarah

« Reply #301 on: July 16, 2007, 09:16:16 AM »
Well, that's pretty persuasive, Jason.  But I'm still convinced the French Canadians were behind it.

Richard_From_CHI

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #302 on: July 16, 2007, 09:37:44 AM »
As a many-generations-removed French Canadian I must madam I resent your racist implications and I wish the world would stop oppressing my ancestors.

Sarah

« Reply #303 on: July 16, 2007, 09:45:22 AM »
Ah, but I'm allowed, you see, being third-generation myself.  You know, one of nem classic self-hating Canucks.

I'm screwed, actually, because my mother's side of the family is really embarrassing:  lily-white English pretty much all the way back to the old country (my great-grandfather's name was even White).  I could be a member of the DAR if I wanted--which would be ironic, since apparently my forebears supported the Brits during the Revolutionary War.

Richard_From_CHI

« Reply #304 on: July 16, 2007, 10:00:20 AM »
So does this now mean you and I can refer to each other with some sort of inappropriate slang term for French Canadian when we see each other on the street?

Ce qui est vers le haut de grenouille !

(this is supposed to say "what is up frog" in French, my apologies to anyone who actually speaks, read, or writes the language as I am sure bablefish is way way off base)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #305 on: July 16, 2007, 10:35:26 AM »
I just read through the responses to MC Steinberg's clip.  Very, very depressing (sample:  "Shut the fuck up jew, no one cares. JEW DID 9/11!!! THE HOLOCAUST DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!").  Yours made me laugh, though, arcu.

How do they know MC Steinberg is Jewish? 

Seriously, though, sometimes I wish somebody would shut down the whole Internet.  I never was a big Steinberg fan on the show, but he certainly doesn't deserve to be hammered for his ethnic/religious background.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #306 on: July 16, 2007, 10:41:45 AM »
i can't get enough of this danzig parody

[youtube=425,350]KHspWrgZX8o[/youtube]

I find this particularly funny.  The rooster crow at the end takes the whole thing to another level.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #307 on: July 16, 2007, 10:45:52 AM »
the greatest, most crushing three minutes in sport
[youtube=425,350]ZHkABO0VwCg[/youtube]
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Sarah

« Reply #308 on: July 16, 2007, 10:50:49 AM »
So does this now mean you and I can refer to each other with some sort of inappropriate slang term for French Canadian when we see each other on the street?

Mais bien sur--nous sommes chums, ouais? 

I love French Canadian.  For example, one of my favorite quotations from a movie: "Hey, pa, un case de beans."  And then there are the expletives.  Consider this ornate one:  "calisse de Christ de tabernacle d'ostie de ciboire de testament."  I think you can go to hell for saying that one, so best save it for when you're really upset about something. 

chrisfoll577

« Reply #309 on: July 16, 2007, 12:34:33 PM »
I just read through the responses to MC Steinberg's clip.  Very, very depressing (sample:  "Shut the fuck up jew, no one cares. JEW DID 9/11!!! THE HOLOCAUST DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!").  Yours made me laugh, though, arcu.
youtube comments are the lowest form of internet communication. i just imagine all the posters as these angry little teenage pissants who are angry at the world. shame on them.

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #310 on: July 17, 2007, 06:33:04 PM »
[youtube=425,350]AuG-ZEL_OSo[/youtube]
"I'm going to concentrate for a second and go now!"

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #311 on: July 17, 2007, 07:06:37 PM »
That was awesome.

(Also, Dorvid, for the love of dog, change that av - I'm doing double-takes in horror over here every time I see it. ;))

Re: YouTube comments: they are truly the worst. But! I got a tip somewhere, perhaps even in this very thread, to install the "YouTube Remove Comments/Ads Script". I did, and I haven't looked back. Works with Firefox. Do this (it's really simple):

Install Greasemonkey (a script-handling Firefox extension): http://www.greasespot.net

Install the YouTube script: http://userstyles.org/styles/1765

Result: No ads, no comments, just the video... I don't like it, I love it.

Richard_From_CHI

« Reply #312 on: July 19, 2007, 10:02:25 AM »
Wow.

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #313 on: July 20, 2007, 08:22:16 PM »
[youtube=425,350]hMnk7lh9M3o[/youtube]
Jouster posted this on AST, making my day yet again.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #314 on: July 20, 2007, 10:04:52 PM »
[youtube=425,350]hMnk7lh9M3o[/youtube]
Jouster posted this on AST, making my day yet again.

The Best Show on WMFPhilippines
Tom: Can I just take a guess here, a shot in the dark?
Corey Harris: Uh huh.
Tom: Were any of you in, like, a Fame kinda prison when you were growing up?
Corey Harris: Our drummer was, yeah, Pete. The Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."