Author Topic: youtube (Now inexplicably featuring 50 other video sites)  (Read 1172343 times)

erika

• Space Champion!
Re: youtube (Now inexplicably featuring 2 year old viral internet sensations)
« Reply #675 on: December 15, 2007, 03:57:01 PM »
I want a pug!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhVwhJmFmfQ[/youtube]
from the land of pleasant living

Sarah

« Reply #676 on: December 15, 2007, 09:22:57 PM »
That's one menacing peacock.

Kibblesmith

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #677 on: December 16, 2007, 06:11:49 AM »
I hope it doesn't offend anyone's preconceptions, but truth be told, I do more video stuff without puppets than with (Fraud? Maybe. Handsome? Definitely). This one is a "viral" advertisement for work, so someone's actually watching the counter. Being as such, it seems prudent to show it to people.

Longish though. You've been warned.

[youtube]fgh4QZrY5Fk[/youtube]

Jason

« Reply #678 on: December 17, 2007, 12:11:40 PM »
This one is a "viral" advertisement for work...

Go die!

Kibblesmith

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #679 on: December 17, 2007, 02:27:51 PM »
Clearly, I already started, and I'm working from the inside out.

Ason

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #680 on: December 18, 2007, 12:58:40 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO8BUoygZVA[/youtube]
http://www.ifilm.com/video/2671018

I still have clue why this guy is famous

but Tom's always talking about him
"A woman suspects that her daughter's imaginary friend is a ghost haunting their new home"

______http://www.myspace.com/franktherobottank________

TL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #681 on: December 18, 2007, 08:51:04 AM »

True sad story - I was a break dancing B-Boy back in those particular days, and I remember vividly when Graffitti Rock aired - we had just gotten our first VCR (it looked like ENIAC), and I taped it, and continued to and still, actually, watch it all the time.  But for 20 years, I never knew that that was Vincent Gallo until I spent a few days in Rome (Italy, not New York) in 2004, and went to a New Years (so I guess that also makes it 2005) party where I overheard these tough guys saying "Graffitti Rrrock."  So I asked them if they were talking about the TV show that was on one night and one night only in New York in 1984.  They said "Si," and started imitating "Prince Vince from Money Makin' Manhattan," so I joined in, and we were all having a good laugh, when one of them asked me, "ah-Did you find dis show by a-because-ah of Vincent Gallo, as well?"  I was like, "  ??? "
They told me that Price Vince was the Brown Bunny himself, and I've never quite been able to enjoy Graffitti Rock nor hate Vincent Gallo in the same way again...
 :-\
It also ruined my New Year's Eve until I heard that Berlusconi had gotten a camera tripod thrown at him from the crowd at Trevi Fountain, and when they found the guy who did it, a bricklayer from Bologna, his only explanation was (in English - a very media savvy bricklayer), "a-Becaowse Iye HAAYYTE heem!!"
 ;D

Now write me a receipt so I can tip on outta here...

KickTheBobo

« Reply #682 on: December 18, 2007, 12:13:20 PM »

True sad story - I was a break dancing B-Boy back in those particular days, and I remember vividly when Graffitti Rock aired - we had just gotten our first VCR (it looked like ENIAC), and I taped it, and continued to and still, actually, watch it all the time.  But for 20 years, I never knew that that was Vincent Gallo until I spent a few days in Rome (Italy, not New York) in 2004, and went to a New Years (so I guess that also makes it 2005) party where I overheard these tough guys saying "Graffitti Rrrock."  So I asked them if they were talking about the TV show that was on one night and one night only in New York in 1984.  They said "Si," and started imitating "Prince Vince from Money Makin' Manhattan," so I joined in, and we were all having a good laugh, when one of them asked me, "ah-Did you find dis show by a-because-ah of Vincent Gallo, as well?"  I was like, "  ??? "
They told me that Price Vince was the Brown Bunny himself, and I've never quite been able to enjoy Graffitti Rock nor hate Vincent Gallo in the same way again...
 :-\
It also ruined my New Year's Eve until I heard that Berlusconi had gotten a camera tripod thrown at him from the crowd at Trevi Fountain, and when they found the guy who did it, a bricklayer from Bologna, his only explanation was (in English - a very media savvy bricklayer), "a-Becaowse Iye HAAYYTE heem!!"
 ;D

...and strangely enough, "Princess" from Dance Party USA is now a Fortune 500 CEO! who woulda thunk?

oh, the memories...

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #683 on: December 18, 2007, 12:34:41 PM »
Sure, Olbermann's great, but he doesn't hold a candle to Grodin

[youtube]QTGjN1yX-EM[/youtube]

"Didn't you used to co-host a show with Goebbels?"

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #684 on: December 18, 2007, 05:58:59 PM »
I hope it doesn't offend anyone's preconceptions, but truth be told, I do more video stuff without puppets than with (Fraud? Maybe. Handsome? Definitely). This one is a "viral" advertisement for work, so someone's actually watching the counter. Being as such, it seems prudent to show it to people.

In the same vein... I'm a little embarrassed to put this up here but more hits = I still have a day job and can buy sandwich fixins. A little repetitive, but the good stuff happens around 1:45.
[youtube]ClGXurOVZeg[/youtube]

Ason

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #685 on: December 18, 2007, 10:13:09 PM »

In the same vein... I'm a little embarrassed to put this up here but more hits = I still have a day job and can buy sandwich fixins. A little repetitive, but the good stuff happens around 1:45.
[/center]

that thing doesn't look safe
that's all that's holding it on there? a little glue and a bar?
"A woman suspects that her daughter's imaginary friend is a ghost haunting their new home"

______http://www.myspace.com/franktherobottank________

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #686 on: December 18, 2007, 10:40:10 PM »
True sad story - I was a break dancing B-Boy back in those particular days

Wait a minute -- breakin', rhymin' against Steinberg, if you break it to us that you also did graffiti then we have a FULLBLOWN HIPHOP WARRIOR on our hands. Methinks the next TL/RX album will be produced by the RZA?

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #687 on: December 18, 2007, 10:42:56 PM »
that thing doesn't look safe
that's all that's holding it on there? a little glue and a bar?

A little rubber O ring, a little metal bar, and the power of "Art". At least it hasn't killed anyone like Richard Serra and Christo. 

TL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #688 on: December 19, 2007, 12:24:40 PM »
Oh, the youth of today...
Poor Bob Barker.
Maybe Drew Carey can whip 'em into shape.

[youtube]ZHdjqsSSa_A&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]BMCFRElyaCc[/youtube]

[youtube]sqk1-q8gXcY&feature=related[/youtube]

Now write me a receipt so I can tip on outta here...

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #689 on: December 19, 2007, 12:56:11 PM »
Oh, the youth of today...
Poor Bob Barker.
Maybe Drew Carey can whip 'em into shape.

Man, I forgot how pleasing that C'monDown music is. I think I know what to call in with the next time that Yo La Tengo does a "covers request" call-in show.