Author Topic: New Garage Rock Explosion!! (New Doc about the current "garage" scene)  (Read 1904 times)

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
New Garage Explosion!!: In Love With These Times

Very interesting. I've yet to wrap my head around the scion/garage rock marketing strategy.  Probably because it's so transparent, but I can't help but be totally on board with it.  A real evil genius move.

Spoony

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: New Garage Rock Explosion!! (New Doc about the current "garage" scene)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 11:21:23 AM »
I don't appreciate marketing groups trying to read my diary anymore than the next youth, but dammit, they always present good line-ups at the Knitting Factory. I'm not going to argue with whatever keeps the Dirtbombs working.

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 11:23:04 AM »
Thank you for the video Mr. Huggers!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 12:44:28 PM »
New Garage Explosion!!: In Love With These Times

Very interesting. I've yet to wrap my head around the scion/garage rock marketing strategy.  Probably because it's so transparent, but I can't help but be totally on board with it.  A real evil genius move.
[/quote
I watched this video with Colbert's Dream in the background.  FUN!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 01:25:03 PM »
I really enjoyed this when I saw it, good to see some bands I like getting some attention. Plus I bought the Magic Kids record after I saw it and I love that record now.

Hmm, maybe it was good marketing...
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"