Author Topic: hey LA FOT's!  (Read 1947 times)

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
hey LA FOT's!
« on: March 30, 2011, 09:08:47 PM »
I'm looking for someone with a PA system they could loan me for a show I'm trying to put together.

a friend and I have a upstart little record label and we're starting a night at the Egyptian Theatre in hollywood that's going to be bands playing in the courtyard and a film screening at the theater afterwords. The theater is doing everything with the movie but the whole band aspect is up to us to organize, the theater has no official part in it other than giving us the space. nothing official is set up yet but we're trying to make sure we have everything in place before we start booking bands and setting a date for the first one.

if any FOTs in la want to help out let me know. we're looking for a PA and we're also in the market for someone who can do sound for the show. if we can't find a PA to borrow we'll probably rent one but we still need someone who can do sound and is willing to do it for free or reasonably cheap.

we're just starting this out so it's all out of pocket right now, obviously we're trying to save money were ever we can, what i can offer if anyone can do sound is free tickets to the screening afterwards and possibly free drinks (that hasn't been worked out yet but i'm sure we can swing something).

as a side note, any LA FOT's who play music or are in bands or know any good bands we're always happy to hear new stuff. no guarantees of being able to get you on the show, obviously i have other people who i'm working with making these booking decisions and right now lack of bands is the least of our problems.

I'll be posting here with more information when this really starts getting going, maybe we can organize a little meet up with anyone who wants to come out. the bands will be free, donations are welcome though of course,  and the movie will be whatever the egyptian charges for a movie, around 10 bucks i guess.

thanks guys, PM me if you have anything to offer or have other questions.

p.s. our website isn't up yet but when it is i'll post the url, we're hoping to offer a range of cool stuff from bands, music and movie reviews, blogs, videos and podcasts. hopefully i can count on you guys to check it out and support us, we have big plans for this!
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
Re: hey LA FOT's!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 02:14:07 PM »
I'll come check it out fo sho!  And if I ever get the stupid band I've been "trying" to get together off the ground I'll send that your way, too!

pbost

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 02:18:28 AM »
Sounds awesome and I will definitely try to check it out.  This is something I'm working on right now:  www.sistercityrecords.com.  Maybe we can collaborate.

Don't have a PA unfortunately.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 11:28:57 PM »
our website : http://hi-science.com/

our tumbr blog: http://hi-science.tumblr.com/

it's all pretty bare bones right now but stay tuned for more. we're going to try to keep the blog updated with all kinds of fun stuff, music reviews, music downloads, movie recommendations and more. my first post of my movie feature Hollywood Death Cult is up now
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.