Author Topic: Unofficial Thread of Newbridge Family Trees  (Read 37157 times)

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Unofficial Thread of Newbridge Family Trees
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 05:32:24 PM »
While listening to the "Bret Haskins' The Clash" Gem, I noticed that the original founder of the New Jersey version of The Clash is Rory DeMartini. I believe Rory may be related to Chub DeMartini, a man Tom is alleged to have tried to ram with a shopping cart in the Neighborhood Watch call.

If I tried, I could probably make at least six figures for shaking my moneymaker.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

Wasianchickn

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 03:41:55 AM »
While listening to the "Bret Haskins' The Clash" Gem, I noticed that the original founder of the New Jersey version of The Clash is Rory DeMartini. I believe Rory may be related to Chub DeMartini, a man Tom is alleged to have tried to ram with a shopping cart in the Neighborhood Watch call.

I thought Tom was alleged to have rammed a man named Merv Reynolds who worked at the Batter Butler.

To add - from September 23, 2008 both Chris and Rod Langstrom called.

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2011, 12:07:30 AM »
D'oh! Yeah, I got them mixed up.  Charles "Chub" DeMartini threw a BBQ that Tom didn't show for, thereupon the other guys started ripping him.
If I tried, I could probably make at least six figures for shaking my moneymaker.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2011, 02:48:06 AM »
A new Monroe Brother is on the scene!  This past Tuesday's show saw the first appearance of Reggie's older brother, Robert, who is a U.S. Congressman and a former mayor of Tribridge.

We also learn that one of Robert's five kids (from two women, one of whom is Shelia Larson) is his son, Carl Palmer Monroe.  Also, the Monroes have a morbidly obese Uncle named Morton Monroe.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

betheboy

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 11:33:59 PM »
There's also Shawn and Shane, the co-joined twins who were born as a result of an experiment by, if I recall correctly, Ectar (sp?) von Trimble. Possibly the brother of Adolf. 

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2011, 12:57:12 PM »
More big news on the Monroe Family front! This week's Newbridge call from Newbridge High basketball player "Magic Manheim" referenced failed major league ballplayer, and Monroe Brother patriarch.... Frank Monroe!

Another great thing in this call is that Magic referenced "The Monroe Clan," and then rattled off the names: Phil, Claude, Norm, Mike, Sean, and Reggie. This confirms that the previously-only-mentioned-once-nine-years-ago Norm still exists in the Newbridgverse.

Now the only major hole left in Monroe Continuity is to figure out how, exactly, The Kerns are related to the Monroes  (i.e., how is Maurice Kern is Phil Monroe's uncle).

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2011, 12:59:31 PM »
There's also Shawn and Shane, the co-joined twins who were born as a result of an experiment by, if I recall correctly, Ectar (sp?) von Trimble. Possibly the brother of Adolf.

I'll listen to this call again this weekend.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2011, 06:23:10 PM »
More big news on the Monroe Family front! This week's Newbridge call from Newbridge High basketball player "Magic Manheim" referenced failed major league ballplayer, and Monroe Brother patriarch.... Frank Monroe!

Another great thing in this call is that Magic referenced "The Monroe Clan," and then rattled off the names: Phil, Claude, Norm, Mike, Sean, and Reggie. This confirms that the previously-only-mentioned-once-nine-years-ago Norm still exists in the Newbridgverse.

Now the only major hole left in Monroe Continuity is to figure out how, exactly, The Kerns are related to the Monroes  (i.e., how is Maurice Kern is Phil Monroe's uncle).

In his mayubinatorial call, Danzig mentions a landmark in connection with the Monroes; I can't remember what it was but it's definitely in there.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2011, 09:55:32 PM »
Not quite related to the topic, but how many callers have been incorporated into the Newbridge-verse? Laurie from Miami was married to... someone (No, I'm no Newbridge historian) and Spikeis Magic Monroe's best friend. Anyone else?

Steeley Chris

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2011, 07:27:45 AM »
Mike "The Miracle" Manheim (former NY Giants player/father)
- "Magic" Todd Manheim (Newbridge HS basketball phenom/son)
"Dad gets mad."

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2011, 10:46:03 AM »

In his mayubinatorial call, Danzig mentions a landmark in connection with the Monroes; I can't remember what it was but it's definitely in there.

The Monroes own a respected vineyard in Newbridge:

Glenn does see some positive aspects of Newbridge: the Hanging Turkish Gardens, Newbridge Harbor, and Newbridge Canyon and Monroe Estates, two of the most respected vineyards in the country. Tom didn't know they had such a good rep in the wine world. Glenn says it sounds like Tom's not a "winey."

Also this: Glenn's sister, Darlene, married Officer Harrops back in the early 1990s.

http://www.recidivism.org/2007/12/danzig_v_how_the_gods_govern.html
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2011, 01:00:10 PM »
Catching up on shows. Last week saw another glorious (aren't they all?) Darren call.

In this one, we learned that Darren's Dad Edgar and Tom's Dad Roger were in a band together in the 70s called "The Guise."

Also, Darren revealed that he's still obsessed with his first wife, Janice. This is the first mention of her, I believe. It's also possible (likely?) JW was just riffing and didn't realize Darren's had two ex-wives already.

One moment of retro-active continuity that I support comes when Darren mentions both his and Tom's fathers being around 30 in 1973. This would make Roger Scharpling about ten years older than previously established (in the '04 Tom's Daddy call, Roger claimed to be only 52 and to have had Tom at 18). Now that Roger's around 69 rather than 59, it's more easy to reconcile with the Scharplings being a brood of ten or so.

Anyway, I went ahead and updated the Dalrymple and Ploppleton entries at the top of this thread.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2011, 06:29:26 PM »
Update from a couple weeks ago: Newbridge Correctional Warden, Bill Rutliffe (sp?).

His gran-duncle is... surprise!... Maurice Kern.  Which once again means Maurice has lots of un-referenced sisters who married off.  (I figure one NB family has to be 10:1 girls, considering so many others are the opposite). Also interesting is that Bill said he was 57, so Maurice must be quite old now to be a gran-duncle.

Also, we learn that Trent L. Strauss has another brother, Bob L. Strauss, who directs "soft-X" films like "Dr. Fill and the Women."

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

Lothar_Brightblade

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2011, 07:13:14 PM »
I figure one NB family has to be 10:1 girls, considering so many others are the opposite

And every generation-x family is 10:1 boys, considering the entire 30-50 population seems to have been pawing Sheila Larson at some point.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2011, 08:55:09 PM »
I believe the caller in the Biased Election Poll was also a relative of Maurice Kern.

October 12, 2004: Biased 2004 Election Poll (2:22)
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!