Author Topic: Gov. Christie's a rock star!  (Read 2797 times)

Smelodies

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis

Pidgeon

Re: Gov. Christie's a rock star!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 12:33:35 PM »
Come to think of it, I think I did see him on one of the Handsome Beasts album covers.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 12:42:17 PM »
Actually, "The Buffet Wreckers" wouldn't be a bad name for a band.  (Well, actually it would probably be commercial suicide, but it would make me laugh which is the main thing.)
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

fish

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 09:44:05 PM »
Some of the comments are pretty good.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 05:47:32 PM »
So Christie shook his jowls and vetoed the tax break New Jersey was supposed to give Jersey Shore, which is good, but I mention this article (http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/09/chris_christie_vetoes_420k_snooki_subsidy_producti.php?ref=fpblg) mainly because it contains my favorite comment on the Governor since Tom's "Buffet Wrecker" bits:

Taking the opportunity to tweak Sarlo, [Christie] said the senator "would probably be good at playing 'Twister,' given all of his contortions."

In response to the governor's comments, Sarlo, said, "I would never play Twister with him."

Wise choice, Senator!
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 10:12:04 AM »
So Christie shook his jowls and vetoed the tax break New Jersey was supposed to give Jersey Shore, which is good...

But isn't Snookie a job creator? She has to hire somebody to pile that mess o' hair atop her head...
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."