Author Topic: Hello from Albany  (Read 3771 times)

atomelem

• Policemans heel
Hello from Albany
« on: March 04, 2011, 05:50:55 PM »
I've listened to WFMU for years, but have discovered the land of Newbridge only recently. I was hooked the first time I heard a call from Mr Zeigler. I am almost done working my way through the gems. I'm kind of bummed about almost being caught up. Anyone have any recommendations?

Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.

yesno

• Space Champion!
Re: Hello from Albany
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 10:22:08 PM »
I recommend listening to the entire archive chronologically.  It's a rite of passage, and only takes a year or two.

atomelem

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 10:09:57 AM »
Thanks yesno.

I've started this endeavor and was wondering; Is October 14 2000 Tom's first appearance on WFMU?
Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 07:16:20 PM »
Thanks yesno.

I've started this endeavor and was wondering; Is October 14 2000 Tom's first appearance on WFMU?

no
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 11:38:44 AM »
Thanks yesno.

no

soooooooooooooooooo maybe you should tell him what Tom's first show is?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 12:21:07 PM »
Thanks yesno.

no

No.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 12:39:11 PM »
Thanks yesno.

no

No.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 03:46:06 PM »
Thanks yesno.

no

who the fuck knows. some time the in the mid ninties when he was doing his music show?

read or listen any of the many interviews Tom has done in the last few years and he'll explain he was on WFMU way before the first best show.

I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 04:13:41 PM »
The first "Best Show" is from a week (or two?) before the archives begin and was available in a marathon fun pack a few years ago.  And if you check the Internet Archive, Tom has a music show listed in the very first archived version of the WFMU schedule page.

8:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Tom Scharpling (toms@wfmu.org)
Rock music covering the spectrum from "yeah, yeah, yeah" to "no, no, no"... halfway between Jack Lemmon and Meadowlark Lemon.

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/19970629055200/http://www.wfmu.org/sched.html

If you're further interested in Best Show historical arcana you might note that past versions of the board are still up.  I forget the address for the other one, but:  http://www.friendsoftom.com/newboard/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

colonel panic

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 04:08:09 PM »
"halfway between Jack Lemmon and Meadowlark Lemon."

haha!