Author Topic: toms favorite movies  (Read 12045 times)

vert

• Achilles bursitis
Re: toms favorite movies
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2011, 12:23:14 AM »
lol eeeeekkk I listened live, tom just freaked me out, I didn't know he reads this stuff.  Im a newbie... sorry tom, didnt mean to go oddball, but honestly I just kind of wanted to tackle all the unusual flicks you like lol, sort of like the avclubs "new cult cannon" feature, just assembling a list of all the fun off beat flicks you've talked about on the show in this thread. all the movies listed are alot of fun, I dont want to miss any gems! heh I meant it as a fun goof,  but yeah now that I know you (tom) read this stuff Ill shy away from the 3rd person talk about the show, I can imagine that is strange... woops! Ill proceed in the world of the fots accordingly

stephen

• Policemans heel
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2011, 01:39:52 AM »
I don't know if this discussion should continue or not, but I don't think anyone has mentioned Road House or Cannonball Run yet, and those are both pretty important films of discussion in the early Best Show years.  Smokey and the Bandit might deserve to be on the list as well.
Also, fontasy: have you listened to the 9/25/07 and 6/28/05 shows where Tom and the listeners assemble a list of the best movie quotes?  There is also a show on 10/17/06 where Tom tries to fix listener's Netflix queues.  These shows could be really helpful if you are looking to assemble a Best Show Movie Canon.

dudep

• Policemans heel
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2011, 01:24:25 PM »
Tom mentions 'The Sweet Smell of Success' as an all-time favorite during the 8/14/2001 show.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2011, 02:36:07 PM »
Tom mentions 'The Sweet Smell of Success' as an all-time favorite during the 8/14/2001 show.

"Are we kids here or what?"
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2011, 11:01:49 PM »

"Are we kids here or what?"

Good lord do I love that movie.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

stephen

• Policemans heel
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2011, 05:09:15 PM »
Is it too early to add Fast Five to the list?

Brannoi_18

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2019, 04:19:36 AM »
Interesting! Can you also tell me from where I can find more shows by Andy Yeatman? I used to watch it on Netflix but since he doesn’t work with it anymore, the new content isn’t that great. It is very important to add information and fun together for a kid’s show.

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2019, 11:18:28 PM »
Did Tom ever watch Lawrence of Arabia? He said he had it on DVD in the 'FMU days, but that he was watching trash movies instead.

Did he ever see Guns of Navarone? I thought that movie was a brilliant hidden anti-war flick. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chEqmZRUAaE

So was The Bridge on the River Kwai: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k4NEAIk3PU